Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Review and comment on storage and storage adjacent Department of Public Service (DPS) dockets with a focus on the second Energy Storage Roadmap and other 18-E-0130 docket filings.
- Evaluate how large transmission and distribution connected storage systems can maximize wholesale market and distribution benefits based on both NYISO market and company load data.
- Develop insights regarding storage features and factors impacting performance as well as exploring new technologies and business models around them.
- Provide guidance about how different contract features could affect the benefits storage provides to customers.
- Communicate findings through speech, regulatory writing, and presentation slides.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree and 3 years of work experience.
- Master's Degree Economics, public policy, engineering with specialization in policy, or related fields. and 2 years of work experience.
Relevant Work Experience
- Experience/knowledge in software applications such as MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Required
- Familiarity with the Department of Public Service (DPS) state regulatory process and related statutes such as the Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act (CLCPA). Preferred
- Knowledge related to utility electrical systems (Distribution & Transmission). Preferred
- Knowledge of energy storage systems and their applications. Preferred
- Background in statistical modelling and experience using software such as STATA, R, Python, EViews, or advanced excel functionality for statistical analysis. Tableau is also used for some presentation materials. Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Effective interpersonal skills and
- Demonstrated written communication skills and
- Excellent organizational skills and
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments and
- Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion and
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment and
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines and
- Demonstrated analytical skills and
- Excellent interpretation of complex statistical data
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.