Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Interact with both internal customers and external stakeholders on a proactive basis.
- Identify, specify, and support the procurement of equipment and services as directed.
- Manage and oversee purchase agreements and invoicing of various contractors in accordance with company requirements.
- Receive and review requests from employees for all ergonomic furniture equipment requests.
- Track and report monthly, employees who are overdue for their annual hearing conservation program exam and report to local EH&S and operations as needed
- Prepare reports and supporting materials to communicate incident analyses, compliance trends, performance information, regulatory issues, and other assigned subjects.
- Assist IH team in identifying, planning, developing, and implementing improvements to safety and industrial hygiene related process flow.
- Provide immediate response to incidents on a 24x7 basis in accordance with a duty schedule and initiate/support event-related analyses.
- Monitor emerging health and safety trends and regulatory issues.
- Assist other members of the IH team with projects as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering, Industrial Hygiene/Safety, Science or a technical discipline and 3 years relevant work experience
Relevant Work Experience
- 2 years Experience in health and safety program development/management, operations leadership, and/or other technical discipline. Required
- Functional expertise in the underlying regulatory bases and technical principles of Industrial Hygiene/safety-related procedures and instructions. Required
- Understanding of root cause analysis techniques and data analysis principles Required
- Operational familiarity with the practices and requirements of Con Edison's service commodities Required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications. Required
- Prior experience in Industrial Hygiene/safety-related subject matter areas, or working knowledge of associated Federal, State, and local requirements Preferred
- Broad familiarity with OSHA and other workplace safety-related requirements Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: Certified Industrial Hygienist or
- Certified Safety Professional Preferred
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Maintain availability to support activities on a 24x7 basis, and in accordance with an established duty schedule.
- Must be able to wear air-purifying and supplied-air respiratory protection.
- Must be able to work in varying field conditions including weather extremes and in work areas such as excavations, subsurface distribution structures, and at high elevations.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.