Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Interact with both internal customers and external stakeholders on a proactive basis.
- Stay abreast of pending regulatory, company program, and operating process changes related to Industrial Hygiene and any other assigned subject matter areas.
- Implement sampling strategies, schedule and conduct surveys for chemical, physical, and biological agents.
- Perform analysis of exposure assessment results and develop/implement corrective actions as required to maintain compliance with applicable regulations, guidelines, and standards.
- Identify, plan, develop, and implement improvements to safety and industrial hygiene related process flow.
- Identify, specify, and support the procurement of equipment and services as directed.
- Review and manage purchase agreements and invoicing and oversee contractors in accordance with company requirements.
- Coordinate and participate in the performance of job safety analyses, exposure hazard assessments to ensure identification of all potential safety and health liabilities.
- Prepare reports and supporting materials to communicate incident analyses, compliance trends, performance information, regulatory issues, and IH/Safety information as assigned.
- Manage performance metrics in assigned subject matter areas.
- Prepare topic-appropriate materials to communicate safety and health-related information and requirements to both field and management personnel.
- Provide immediate response to incidents on a 24x7 basis in accordance with duty schedule and initiate/support event-related analyses.
- Continue to develop in the knowledge of safety, health, and associated operating principles, as well as technical, and regulatory subject matter areas.
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering, Industrial Hygiene/Safety, Science or a technical discipline and 2 years relevant work experience
Relevant Work Experience
- 2 years Experience in health and safety program development/management and/or other technical discipline. Required
- Functional knowledge of the bases and technical principles of Industrial Hygiene/safety-related procedures and instructions. Required
- Understanding of root cause analysis techniques and data analysis principles Required
- General familiarity with the practices and requirements of service commodities Required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications Required
- Prior experience in Industrial Hygiene/safety-related subject matter areas, or working knowledge of associated Federal, State, and local requirements Preferred
- Broad familiarity with OSHA and other workplace safety-related requirements Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: Certified Industrial Hygienist and/or
- Certified Safety Professional Preferred
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Maintain availability to support activities on a 24x7 basis, and in accordance with an established duty schedule.
- Must be able to wear air-purifying and supplied-air respiratory protection.
- Must be able to work in varying field conditions including weather extremes and in work areas such as excavations, subsurface distribution structures, and at high elevation.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.