Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Ensures implementation of Company safety, health and environmental programs for employees whose work is directed. Ensures that safe work practices are followed and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- Commitment to the Way We Work Principles, and adhere to the Company's Standards of Business Conduct and other Company procedures including Environmental, Health and Safety ("EH&S"), Equal Employment Opportunity ("EEO"), discipline, and security.
- Is dedicated to enhancing the Customer Experience, both within the Company and externally and demonstrates a commitment to the ideal of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers and improve value for all our stakeholders.
- Works closely with manufacturers, contractors, and suppliers relative to proposals, project performance, specification of equipment, and processing of invoices for payment in accordance with their performance under contract.
- Performs fuse coordination studies.
- Determines recloser settings.
- Works with Power Quality Engineer, Division Engineers and customers to investigate and mitigate power quality problemscaused by DER.
- Is familiar with regulatory requirements for distributed energy.
- Works with customers installing distributed resources to insure compliance with O&R interconnection specifications.
- Attends departmental meetings and training, and serves on committees as required.
- Prepares authorizations and purchase requisitions as required.
- Participates in the Company's emergency management processes and storm plans.
- Performs other related assignments as required.
- Provides distribution load flow program utilization and support, including area studies, modeling and analysis, circuit voltage profiles and contingency switching analysis, loss studies, distribution circuit configurations, and system administration as needed for interconnection of distributed energy resources.
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering and 4+ years of work experience in utility industry.
- Bachelor's Degree Electrical Engineering and 5+ years in utility industry, specifically electric distribution engineering.
Relevant Work Experience
- Well organized, detail-oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments and deadlines. Required
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills, and have the ability to effectively interact with customers, support staff, and various levels of management. Required
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Windows environments and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access) and Project. Ability to learn new applications and operating systems as required. Required
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work well in team situations; be willing and able to lead and participate in cross-functional teams as required. Required
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be able to safely perform witness tests at DER field sites.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.