Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Supports specific company compliance programs as assigned including wetlands and water quality, habitat conservation, land use, environmental permitting, carbon emissions tracking/reporting, stormwater/waste water.
- Keeps informed of industry, NY/NJ, and global trends in the assigned areas of environmental compliance regulation. Establish and maintain a strong network of in-house and in-industry SME contacts and actively benchmarks to ensure consistency and best practices are well understood and incorporated in company practices and policies.
- Establishes SME level knowledge of regulatory, operational and company rules, procedures, and best practices in the assign areas of environmental compliance.
- Supports the data collection for statistical and trend analysis of environmental compliance history. Supports, develops, and implements, as appropriate, mitigation plans/programs to improve performance. Tracks metrics that allow deeper understanding of the value of assigned programs and initiatives for improvement over time, and supports a databank for internal and external reporting of our progress.
- Ensures conformity with Company policy, employee relation's practices, labor agreements, and legal requirements, etc., in such a manner that effectively ensures that cooperation, harmonious employee relations, and employee performance goals will be achieved.
- Supports and implements action plans for compliance. Able to present complex, technical information to all levels so it is easily understood and relevant. Able to assist in the creation of new policies and procedures for environmental compliance that are practical, and support the implementation and monitoring of same.
- Serves as liaison with and represents the Company during any inspections, visits or inquiries by representatives of EPA, NYDEC, NJDEP, and any other official agencies affecting environmental compliance
- Administers environmental contracts as assigned.
- Available to respond to emergencies as required.
- Supervises other employees from time to time who may be involved in environmental related projects. Oversees contractors similarly.
- Participates in the Company's emergency management processes, storm plans, and mutual aid deployments, as required.
- Participates in on-call spill and EH&S incident response.
- Performs other related assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree and 2 years Practical relevant experience required. Operational/Utility experience a plus.
Relevant Work Experience
- Work independently and with limited supervision. Required
- Possesses strong oral and written communication skills, and has the ability to effectively interact with customers, support staff, and various levels of management and the union. Required
- Analytical, technical, interpersonal and leadership skills. Required
- Computer literacy and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite is required. Required
- Provides off-hour, on-call support EH&S incidents as required. Required
- Experience in environmental regulatory compliance that pertains to the utility industry. Preferred
- Experience in environmental regulatory compliance requirements that pertain to the utility industry in New York State and New Jersey. Preferred
- Experience in the field Preferred
- Has knowledge of relevant company and industry Environmental Compliance requirements Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.