Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- At O&R, we have and we all need to take special interest in our customers, both within the company and externally. As an employee, you need to commit to these ideals of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers and improve value for all our stakeholders.
- Actively monitor and maintain compliance with NERC Reliability, CIP and other Cyber Security Standards. Activities and applications including patch management of Control Center equipment, anti-virus updates/upgrades, electronic access and physical security systems and protocols, intrusion detection, baseline monitoring, and other systems administration functions.
- Maintain Control Center networking equipment including switches and firewalls in an on-going manner and participate in future planning.
- Develop appropriate plans and processes for the coordinated sharing of data, based on the requirements of Engineering, Information Technology, other corporate departments, systems and external stakeholders.
- Periodically review and report on the performance of Energy Management System applications and recommend economically justifiable enhancements to maintain and improve Control Center Operations, effectiveness and situational awareness.
- Administer the backup and recovery of Control Center cyber assets.
- Utilize latest hardware and software diagnostics to identify and coordinate the repair of computer operating problems.
- Develop and maintain instructions and procedures related to computers and/or applications utilized by Control Center personnel. Assist in the training of Control Center Operations personnel.
- Maintain EMS Production and Test systems as well as supporting applications.
- Participate in an ''on call'' roster providing off hours support for Control Center functions and applications; Participate in Company's emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
- Perform other related duties, as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field and 3 years relevant experience. or
- Associate's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field and 5 years relevant experience.
Relevant Work Experience
- Must have demonstrated organizational and administrative skills, attention to detail, be able to exercise independent judgment, and have a proven track record of working well in team situations. Required
- Must have the skills and ability to learn quickly, see the bigger picture from detailed facts, assimilate new concepts and think analytically. Required
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments with changing priorities while still meeting deadlines. Required
- Must be willing to learn new technology as needed for the job using documentation and other available resources. Required
- Must be willing to work off hours to support production problems and to respond to corporate emergencies. Required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to interact with personnel on all levels. Required
- Computer proficiency including experience with Microsoft Office suite. Required
- Relevant experience includes but is not limited to computer networking, cyber security, firewalls and information technology. Required
- Knowledge of internal networks and computer systems. Preferred
- Knowlege of SQLKnowledge of Windows AD
Skills & Ability
- Effective interpersonal skills and
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments and
- Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be able to pass a Personal Risk Assessment, which includes training and a seven-year background check prior to hiring.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.