Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Ensures that safe work practices are followed and the environment is fully protects in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations along with EHASP enforcement and compliance.
- Performs field review of construction projects being performed to assure conformity with plans and specifications, and verifies that equipment and material supplied meets specifications.
- Coordinates construction scheduling for various phases of work; maintains all records associated with accounting for materials, equipment movement, services, rigging, inspection and witness of acceptance testing.
- Reviews project specifications, material lists, drawings, and makes field checks and inspections as required or directed.
- Coordinates the review of drawings to show ''as built'' conditions and perform QA field verification to confirm construction is in line with design specifications.
- Communication to all levels of management along with internal and external stakeholders. Advises the Project Manager/ Project Engineers on assigned project developments including, but not limited to, schedules, costs, coordination efforts, and potential areas which may cause project delay and authorized expenditures to be exceeded.
- Provide support at the monthly MRP (Materials) meeting with the Stores department.
- Assists in the preparation of purchase order requests, work authorizations and maintains appropriate records as to their status. Assists with the processing of invoices with proper internal accounting in preparation for authorization for payment.
- Assist in the monthly forecast projections for all departmental Capital projects.
- Commitment to be fully cognizant of the dangers involved when working in the proximity underground facilities (electric, gas, water, sewer, telephone, etc) and overhead energized conductors. Comply with 811 requirements. Commitment to be fully cognizant of the dangers involved when working in energized substations and in close proximity to energized lines and equipment.
- Keeps current with respect to developments in the utility and construction industries which are pertinent to Company construction activities. Responsible for maintaining yearly training compliance.
- Participates in the Company's emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
- Performs other related assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree (BS) and a minimum of 2 years work experience in the utility industry. or
- High School Diploma/GED and Min 5 Years experience in roadway and site construction.
- Bachelor's Degree (BS) in Engineering is preferred. and Min 3 years experience in construction management and/or constructing Electrical UG cable systems.
- High School Diploma/GED OSHA 30 Min 5 Years experience in constructing electrical conduit systems and/or related technical construction management experience.
Relevant Work Experience
- Must be detail oriented and have excellent organizational and technical skills. Required
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to diplomatically interact with internal and external customers, support staff and various levels of management. Required
- Must possess working knowledge of computer systems. Required
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment. Required
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed. Required
- A hands on, result-oriented professional with experience analytical, technical, organizational and leadership skills in the area of construction management. Required
- Willingness to work overtime and weekends based on project needs Required
- Must have demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work on teams and cross-functional projects Required
- Proficient in review and constructing off of site and utility plans, plan and profile drawings, construction specifications and installation specification (civil and electrical). Preferred
- Experience in Roadway Construction. Proficient in the understanding of the 811 call before you dig policy and procedure. Preferred
- Electric Utility Experience in UG Cable Systems and the construction of cable system raceways. Preferred
- Experience with the PM/CM tool box in regards to developing and updating schedules, cost control, risk management and analysis, conflict management, WBS, development and implementation of a communication plan, experience with change management, and weekly project reporting and project look ahead. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: OSHA 30 Preferred
- Accredited Asset Management Specialist (AAMS)
- Must respond to system emergencies
- Must work at field locations in all weather conditions
- Must work in an environment that includes heat, noise, confined spaces, and high elevations
- Must climb ladders and stairs
- Must work on elevated platforms, scaffolds, catwalks, roofs, or equipment
- Must enter underground vaults through manholes
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
- Must work with and in the vicinity of high voltage and/or other high-energy systems
- Must climb in and out of manholes and excavations
- Must walk, stand, lift, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, and/or reach
- Must travel to company locations to work on storm restoration and heat contingencies
- Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness
- Must work rotating shifts, including nights, midnights, weekends, and holidays
- Must work with equipment with manufacturer weight rating of 350 llbs.
- Must use their personal vehicles and transport, store, and secure company laptop computers and other job related equipment in the vehicle. Reimbursement for use of personal vehicle is available through the company mileage procedure.
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Travel throughout service territory to work on storm restoration and heat contingencies assignments.
- Use of personal vehicle for day-to-day construction management oversite.
- Able and willing to travel as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.