Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Communication: Communicates, both verbally and in writing, in a clear logical manner that is easy to understand. Listens effectively and allows others to express their thoughts without prejudging.
- Information Management: Utilizes appropriate mainframe and/or personal computer applications. Maintains the integrity of the systems used through established security practices.
- Recordkeeping: Responsible for the preparation, integrity and maintenance of all records within the job scope. Ensures that all records, including appropriate reference materials, are kept current and are available.
- Housekeeping: Ensures that good housekeeping practices are followed for all areas of responsibility.
- Training: Develops personnel to achieve maximum efficiency and productivity by instructing, motivating, counselling and utilizing appropriate training.
- Personnel: Strives to improve morale and productivity of subordinates. Adheres to Company rules and terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Determines appropriate disciplinary action, conducts interviews, participates in settlement of grievances, and evaluates subordinates' work performance.
- Operations: Supervises the startup and shutdown of equipment under normal and emergency conditions. Ensures that all equipment is operated in a safe, reliable, and efficient manner. Decides whether to remove or restrict the operation of units. Maintains liaison with System Operations and CIG. Prepares trouble reports and conducts investigations pertinent to same. Administers maintenance memorandum, work permit, and operating orders as required.
- High School Diploma/GED and 5 years' experience experience in a power plant, US Navy, or merchant shipping environment or
- Bachelor's Degree and 3 years' experience experience in a power plant, US Navy, or merchant shipping environment or
- Associate's Degree and 4 years' experience experience in a power plant, US Navy, or merchant shipping environment
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering 3 years' experience experience in a power plant, US Navy, or merchant shipping environment
Relevant Work Experience
- 3-5 years experience in a power plant, US Navy, or merchant shipping environment Required
- 3-5 years working knowledge of a control room, boiler and high/low pressure auxiliary operations, plant trouble shooting, boiler mechanics, blueprint reading and pipe fitting Required
- 3-5 years knowledge of safe work practices/procedures, operating orders, work permits and use of appropriate personal protective equipment Required
- 3-5 years proficient in computer programs/applications Required
- 3-5 years supervisory experience Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Boiler License NYC Stationary Engineer's License Upon Hire Required
- Must respond to system emergencies
- Must work at field locations in all weather conditions
- Must carry tools and materials, climb ladders and scaffolds, and enter confined spaces
- Must work in an environment that includes heat, noise, confined spaces, and high elevations
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.