Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Establish and assure adherence to departmental guidelines and procedures related to procurement.
- Function as a point of contact for CAR/NOV/CRMS responses for the section and work in Summons System and process back-charges in COMPASS.
- Facilitate the processing and payment of vendor's invoices via Oracle in a timely manner.
- Manage the Summons queue daily and work with admin to update daily.
- Manage and track all pending DOT permits list and work with CBS to get released in-order-to prevent NOVs on D01& D02s.
- Meet with contractor weekly to review permitting needs along with Planner.
- Manage the DOT Waste Transporter Form 360 submittals for accurate and timely submission by contractors and address in COS and meet with contractors as needed.
- Manage the department's electronic and hard copy records and work with Technical Assistant and admin to use Iron Mountain for document keeping.
- Participate in department Safety Calls and conduct field visits, shadowing inspectors and CCIs to learn the work.
- Learn and understand CONST-013 & Contract Documents, Special Conditions, Trenching Manual & learn to review bills.
- Enhance the department's processes to maximize efficiency.
- Keep accurate records utilizing spreadsheets, daily logs, and computer applications such as OneNote for organization.
- Assist in overseeing schedules for all employees to avoid conflict with operating requirements.
- Maintain completion of OJT's and other training via TARR system.
- Order, distribute, and keep inventory of office and field supplies.
- Work with minimal direction, be flexible and possess the capability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Ensure that the Human Performance Improvement (HPI) tools are incorporated into daily work activities.
- As necessary, provide support for all management personnel with other tasks such as monitoring and tracking of overall departmental performance (e.g. Key Performance Indicators - KPIs), departmental and executive level presentations, and other assigned tasks necessary for the success of the department.
- Support the department's goals by providing support to CCI's and field personnel.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Ensure compliance with operating maintenance, housekeeping, and safety procedures that will provide for employee safety and welfare.
- Must be committed to fostering a Zero Accident Culture, Diversity and Inclusion, Achieving Operational Excellence and Developing an effective Cost Management Culture and Enhancing customers' experience.
- Engender and support a culture of honesty, trust, integrity and encourage openness on all issues.
- Ensure compliance with all corporate EEO guidelines and programs.
- High School Diploma/GED and 5 years relevant work experience Related experience includes accounting and billing, and/or in the construction, repair and inspection of electric, Gas, Steam, facilities and remediation etc. or
- Associate's Degree and 4 years relevant work experience Related experience includes accounting and billing, and/or in the construction, repair and inspection of electric, Gas, Steam, facilities and remediation etc. or
- Bachelor's Degree and 2 years relevant work experience Related experience includes accounting and billing, and/or in the construction, repair and inspection of electric, Gas, Steam, facilities and remediation etc.
Relevant Work Experience
- Must have knowledge of the Company's Oracle system as well as being familiar with subsurface construction work and facility protection operations. Required
- Knowledge of contract administration procedures, inspection and cost control is required. Required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral & written) with the ability to interface with customers and vendors are required. Required
- Good Computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is required. Required
- Must be familiar with the Company's Capital and O&M budgets and related processes. Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Effective negotiation skills
- Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
- Experience in a regulated environment
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be willing and able to travel throughout the company service territory.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays as required.
- Must be able to walk, stand, lift, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, and/or reach throughout the workday.
- Must be willing and able to sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift.
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift.
- Must be willing and able to wear proper PPE.
- Must be willing and able to work in hot or cold climates during emergencies i.e. Storm Duty.
- Must be willing and able to travel to company locations to work on storm restoration and heat contingencies.
- Must be willing and able to wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.