Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The selected candidate for the position must have a minimum of three years' experience in building trades and the ability to read schematic and engineering prints. The candidate must also have knowledge and skill in the following areas: electrical, plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, masonry and painting. In addition, the selected candidate must be able to successfully complete the necessary asbestos courses as quickly as possible. Experience in rotating equipment and mechanical repair is a plus. EPA universal certification, R410A Technician certification a plus.
- Candidate who obtains this position must qualify and advance through career path training to Mechanic A. If you accept a job offer in association with this posting, you will be assigned to 31-01 20th Avenue Astoria. You must have a HS Diploma or GED.
- The selected candidate must be capable of lifting 50lbs in weight and working in confined spaces. The candidate must be able to work at high elevations and in outdoor weather conditions. The selected candidate must also be able to perform extensive walking, standing, lifting and bending and must be medically qualified to wear a respirator. A valid driver's license is required.
- Candidate must be able to perform heavy manual labor, i.e. capable of pushing, pulling and lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Candidate must be able to work at elevations in outdoor weather conditions.
- Candidate will be required to perform extensive walking, standing, lifting and bending.
- Candidate must have a valid drivers license.
- Candidate must be medically qualified to wear a respirator.
- Candidate must become proficient with use of work management system Maximo for time reporting and work order tracking.
- Must carry tools and materials, climb ladders and enter confined spaces.
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces).
- Must work with and in the vicinity of high voltage and/or other high energy systems.
- Must use hand tools and operate heavy equipment i.e. jackhammers, tampers, etc.
- Must unload materials from delivery vehicles and deliver and unload materials to various locations.
- Must work with equipment with manufacturer weight rating of 350 lbs.
- Perform snow removal duties such as shoveling, plowing, salting and applying brine to treat surfaces during all cold weather.
- Must wear all Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and Fire Retardant clothing.
- Must work with and become familiar with site conditions including all storm and sanitary structures to maintain Outfalls.
Relevant Work Experience
- 3-5 years Experience in building trades and ability to read schematics and engineering prints Required
- Less than 2 years Ability to use work management system Maximo for time entry and updates to work orders. Required
Skills & Ability
- Quickly troubleshoots and resolves problems
- Ability to interpret basic information on drawings.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.