Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Project Role: Leads projects of moderate complexity, identifies business opportunities and creates a project plan to meet strategic objectives and outcomes. Prepares budget and tracks costs.
- Portfolio Scope: Project Lead for one or more technology products, subsystems of major enterprise applications or medium sized department portfolios. Plans multi-year outlook/roadmap for assigned portfolio. Manages and prioritizes customer requests (demand management). Analyzes business requirements and presents solution options to business needs. Provides expertise and delivers value beyond immediate initiative goals.
- Deliverables: Design documents, deliver subsystems, develop project plans for medium complexity projects, and develop business case including value analysis.
- Business Relationships and Management: Coaches and influences business managers in technology decisions. Engages with internal and external partners regularly to overcome blockers and develop efficient and widely usable products. Understands and anticipates the needs and requirements of business partners. Prepares and conducts regular status updates on moderate sized projects.
- Vendor Management: Effectively develop, manage, and strengthen vendor relationships to align vendor products and services with business and IT objectives. Monitor's vendor's performance to ensure that service level agreements are being met
- Decision Making: Provides guidance and develops alternatives and recommendations. Responsible for analyzing data, evaluating information, and making sound decisions based on the best available evidence. Will work closely with cross-functional teams to identify problems, brainstorm solutions, and develop recommendations that align with the organization's goals and objectives.
- People Leadership: Responsible for leading and managing one or more employees and/or contractors to achieve the organization's goals and objectives. Will provide guidance, support and mentorship to team members to help them reach their full potential. Lead IT team and work with cross-functional teams to achieve all project goals. Coach and technically train new team members.Manage the team's workload and priorities to ensure that deadlines and deliverables are met. Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external partners to support the team's efforts.
- Operations: Manages incidents including timely and relevant communication. Helps to triage problems, remediate, analyze root cause, and implement incident prevention using techniques such as Human Performance Improvement
- Performance Improvement: Leads significant portion of IT process improvement teams. Ability to analyze, discover, and recommend opportunities for systems or process improvements
- Communications and Change Management: Communicates effectively across multiple stakeholder groups to influence project outcomes and steer towards enterprise goals. Proactively engages leadership at the manager and general manager levels. Partners on delivering successes and managing challenges early. Solicits and implements feedback. Manages change proactively.
- Risk Management: Helps identify potential risks and develops strategies to mitigate them, ensuring that business operations are not disrupted.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Math, Business, or applicable degree with and a minimum of 3 years relevant experience; or
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Math, Business, or applicable degree and a minimum of 4 years relevant experience; or
- Associate's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Math, Business, or applicable degree and a minimum of 5 years relevant experience; or
- High School Diploma/GED Technical Certification in IT Technologies and a minimum of 7 years work experience in relevant field required
- Bachelor's Degree
- Associate's Degree
Relevant Work Experience
- 3+ years of experience with 3 or more the following technologies/competencies:
- Structured Query Language (SQL), SSIS or SSRS;
- Object-oriented programming, such as Microsoft .NET (VB , C#) or Java;
- Oracle RDBMS development (supported versions) or SQL Server development (supported versions);
- Business Analysis;
- Project Management
- Required and
- Strong skills and experience with the MS Office suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project required. Required and
- Experience developing applications and/or databases. Required and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to plan, organize and lead meetings. Must be able to translate functional to technical information. Must be able to develop documentation that will be consumed by users of diverse backgrounds and skills. Required and
- Must have excellent work ethics and integrity. Required and
- Must have ability to learn new technology as required for the job using documentation and other available resources. Required and
- Flexibility to work on multiple assignments with changing priorities and stay on schedule/on budget. Required and
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Required and
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative team environment. Required
- Formal training in Project Management is a plus Preferred
- Formal Project Management and/or Business Analysis skills a plus. Preferred
- Experience implementing packaged software a plus. Preferred
- Experience as a dedicated participant on a medium to large scale systems development project is a plus. Preferred
- Experience in data modeling and data analytics a plus Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be willing and able to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.