Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Accountable for the safety, productivity and quality of the work performed by the Electrical technician or for all types of maintenance and testing of the section she/he oversees.
- Supervise union personnel and enforce all contractual and local work rules, assigning personnel to jobs in accordance with the Station weekly work schedule and performing administrative tasks in work management system (MAXU+IMO) daily.
- Plan, schedule, coordinate, and evaluate compliance testing for equipment, recommend and review procedures for system reliability, and commission new equipment through review of tests.
- Direct troubleshooting, repair efforts, and restoration of equipment or control circuits.
- Attend daily management meetings to report job progress, be fully knowledgeable of work scopes and submit requests to perform work in a clear and concise manner.
- Provide exemplary customer service in all areas of responsibility.
- Ensure compliance with environmental regulations and program procedures applicable to Steam Operations Generating Stations.
- Detail-oriented and possess strong organizational skills to track and manage a variety of tasks in a fast-paced setting.
- Must be committed to fostering a Zero Accident Culture, Diversity and Inclusion, Achieving Operational Excellence, Developing an Effective Cost Management Culture, Enhancing the Customers Experience, adheres to the Company's Standards of Business conduct and other Company procedures including Environmental, Health and Safety ("EH&S").
- Accountable for conducting On the Job training (OJT), effective job briefings and documented job site safety exchanges.
- Adhere to Company rules and terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Establish appropriate disciplinary action, conduct interviews, participate in settlement of grievances, and evaluate subordinates work performance.
- Ensure the compliance of the Continuous Emissions Monitoring System (CEMS) by coordinating, conducting and completing Corrective Maintenance (CMs), Preventative Maintenance (PMs) and audits to ensure the annual recertification of all analyzers within CEMS to be complaint with the EPA.
- Review the I&C compliance system and work with staff to schedule PMs to be performed on a monthly basis. This will include instrumentation, relay calibrations and trip checks.
- Create outage schedules with the Operations and Maintenance departments, complete all scheduled work.
- Properly handles multiple assignments efficiently.
- Prepares OJTs and Lessons Learned in response to Station Events.
- Bachelor's Degree and 3 years work experience Work experience relevant to power plants, US Navy, or merchant shipping environment or
- Associate's Degree and 4 years work experience Work experience relevant to power plants, US Navy, or merchant shipping environment or
- High School Diploma/GED and 5 years work experience Work experience relevant to power plants, US Navy, or merchant shipping environment
Relevant Work Experience
- The ability to direct troubleshooting, repair efforts, and restoration of equipment or control circuits. Required
- The ability to comprehend and interpret engineering drawings (including schematics, one-line diagrams, P&IDs and function logic diagrams) and be able to provide marked prints of field conditions. Required
- Must have knowledge of safe work practices/procedures, operating orders, work permits and use of appropriate personal protective equipment. Required
- Must have excellent leadership and communication skills along with the ability to work as part of a team. Required
- Knowledge of Combustion Gas Turbine operation. Required
- Experience in Pneumatics, Relay Protection, and Control Systems. Required
- Supervisory experience. Required
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must respond to system emergencies
- Must work at field locations in all weather conditions
- Must carry tools and materials, climb ladders and scaffolds, and enter confined spaces
- Must work on elevated platforms, scaffolds, catwalks, roofs, or equipment
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
- Must work with and in the vicinity of high voltage and/or other high-energy systems
- Must be approved and able to wear a full- or half-face respirator and self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA), without facial hair or other condition that may interfere with the seal, in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Must walk, stand, lift, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, and/or reach
- Must use eye-hand coordination to adjust controls on equipment
- Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be physically able to work in a power plant environment with extreme heat conditions, noise, high elevations, and confined spaces.
- Must be able to work under conditions of high temperatures and at high elevations in the plant.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.