Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Technical Associate will be responsible for contributing, with guidance, to the analysis of system problems and the formulation of system changes. Develop SQL queries, and update existing ones for performance benefits, perform testing and document results. This individual will be well versed with the general knowledge of distributed (multi-tiered) systems, relational databases, systems development, and an increased emphasis on attention to detail.
- Ensures implementation of Company safety, health and environmental programs for employees whose work is directed. Ensures that safe work practices are followed and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- Committed to the Way We Work Principles, and adheres to the Company's Standards of Business Conduct and other Company procedures including Environmental, Health and Safety (''EH&S''), Equal Employment Opportunity (''EEO''), discipline and security.
- The Technical Associate will function as a member of a collaborative team by contributing to software upgrades through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation). The individual will gain experience supporting the critical IT systems which are responsible for the 24/7 operations of the AMI Infrastructure. Also gaining valuable data analytical skills by supporting our databases, business application, and end users as well.
- Meets with business users to make recommendations for requirements needed.
- Design and code software applications and demonstrate a theoretical understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Support the integration and maintenance of IT systems, which consists of supporting the company's Advanced Metering Infrastructure ecosystem. These systems support the data received from smart electric meters, as well as from gas meters/leak detectors. Supporting the system that delivers this data as well be crucial to ensuring continuity across all IT systems.
- Collaborate with system specialists on various infrastructure improvements.
- Works with vendors to deploy software fixes and support testing across various IT systems.
- Performs unit, integration and system testing and sets up user acceptance testing for small to medium sized projects.
- Maintain organization and code integrity.
- Provides application server and desktop support and maintenance for vendor provided packages.
- Troubleshoots critical system problems and assists others as required.
- Performs high-level applications testing for technology upgrades.
- Prepares routine maintenance changes on small to medium projects for move to production.
- May perform standby duties, as required.
- Participates in the Company's emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree A minimum of six (6) months to one (1) year of experience. Recent college graduates must have one (1) year of work experience (full-time and/or internships); OR,
- Six (6) months experience considered if participated in the company's CO-OP or summer CO-OP internships or
- Bachelor's Degree Degree specialization in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related focus.
Relevant Work Experience
- Knowledge of writing, executing, and debugging SQL queries Preferred
- Exposure to systems design across one or more platforms and supporting future integrations of these systems. Preferred
- Exposure to methods relating to application design, software development, and automated testing. Preferred
- Understanding of Waterfall, Agile or other rapid application development methods. Preferred
- Experience in writing test cases (e.g. unit, snapshot, integration, end-to-end) is a plus. Preferred
- Experience supporting a large infrastructure of systems is preferred. Preferred
- Capable of working independently or with a team. Preferred
- Is passionate about problem solving. Preferred
- Leadership, talent development and team minded qualities are a plus. Preferred
- Demonstrates the value in taking an iterative and agile approach. Preferred
- Has a strong sense of ownership and is not afraid to speak up. Preferred
- Collaborative, curious, empathetic, open-minded, innovative. Preferred
- Performs a role in a wide range of technology/ business initiatives to support IT and business. Supports the project roadmaps and collaborates with architect design solution and integration. Preferred
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and facilitate functional requirements and design meetings Preferred
- Make recommendation and develop a plan to transform ideas into solutions and designs, implement solutions to improve business processes. Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments
- Possesses strong technical aptitude
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.