Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Construction Services Supervisor is responsible in supervising bargaining unit employees around the system and ensuring that all work is performed safely and in accordance with operating procedures and engineering specifications, including all construction standards that govern the work. The supervisor will monitor and schedule daily work and adjust based on changing priorities.
- Supervise collective bargaining personnel and ensure that all work is performed in accordance with specifications and procedures
- Ensures that all time entry and submitted documentation is accurate and signed In accordance with accurate time reporting expectations
- Provide coverage for system emergencies and incident Command System events on a round-the-clock basis.
- Track the installation and repair of work done on the Electric Distribution System.
- Ensure the implementation of Company safety, health and environmental programs for employees whose work is directed. Ensure that safe work practices are followed and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- Monitor and review work quality, accurate time entry and productivity while identifying cost saving initiatives.
- Utilize the work management systems to schedule, update and close out work; while actively embracing new technologies to streamline processes.
- Promote a positive work environment, celebrate success, and ensure accountability for individual actions and those of direct reports; including feedback to assist individuals in their career development.
- Act as a liaison with external agencies and ensure the quality of work performed is consistent and within specification.
- Support the Construction Manager and Project Specialist / Sr Specialist by maintaining all aspects of safety, work quality and Company's standard of business conduct.
- Ensures that all time entry and submitted documentation is accurate and signed in accordance with accurate time reporting expectations.
- Conduct On-The-Job training (OJT), effective job briefings, documented job site safety exchanges (JSSEs), and ensure that all personnel attend training as required.
- Supervise collective bargaining personnel and ensure that all work is performed in accordance with specifications and procedures.
- Evaluates the quality and quantity of completed work and identify areas for improvement.
- Performs other assigned tasks or special assignments as directed.
- Ensures the implementation of Company safety, health and environmental programs for employees whose work is directed. Ensures that safe work practices are followed and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- Monitors compliance with Company policies and procedures e.g., equal employment Opportunity (EEO), Substance Abuse, Discipline, Security, Productivity and Environmental Instructions, Code of Conduct, etc.
- Committed to the fostering of a Zero Accident Culture, Diversity and Inclusion, Achieving Operational Excellence, Developing an effective Cost Management Culture, and Enhancing the Customer's Experience.
- High School Diploma/GED and 6 years Construction, Electrical, Mechanical, Engineering or related field experience or
- Associate's Degree and 5 years Construction, Electrical, Mechanical, Engineering or related field experience or
- Bachelor's Degree and 2 years Construction, Electrical, Mechanical, Engineering or related field experience
- Bachelor's Degree Electrical, Civil or Mechanical Engineering and 2 years Construction, Electrical, Mechanical, Engineering or related field experience
Relevant Work Experience
- REQUIRED QUALIFICATIIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- Fundamental background in construction
- Knowledge of the facilities, remediation, electric, gas and/or steam system.
- Knowledge of safety and environmental procedures related to working in construction, including but not limited to gas, electric or steam operations.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively interact with internal and external customers, weekly personnel, and various levels of management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products Required
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with the restoration of streetlights and electrical services, excavating, and backhoe operation
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience
- Experience with Work Management System and Project Management Tools
- Knowledge of scheduling, project planning and coordination
- A General understanding of electric system and operations
- Strong interpersonal, communication, written, presentation and technical skills
- Knowledge of subsurface infrastructure construction (water, sewer, electric, gas, etc.)
- OSHA 30 Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Ability to interpret basic information on drawings.
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Effective conflict management skills
- Ability to lead/manage others
- Effectively coaches and delivers constructive feedback
- Instills commitment to organizational goals
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Experience in a regulated environment
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
- Technical\Quickly troublseshoots and resolves problems
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must respond to system emergencies
- Must work at field locations in all weather conditions
- Must perform extended driving through heavy traffic and severe off-road conditions
- Must perform heavy manual labor; i.e. pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Must carry tools and materials, climb ladders and scaffolds, and enter confined spaces
- Must work in an environment that includes heat, noise, confined spaces, and high elevations
- Must climb ladders and stairs
- Must work on elevated platforms, scaffolds, catwalks, roofs, or equipment
- Must enter underground vaults through manholes
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
- Must work with and in the vicinity of high voltage and/or other high-energy systems
- Must be approved and able to wear either a full- or half-face respirator without facial hair or other condition that may interfere with the seal, in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Must be approved and able to wear a full- or half-face respirator and self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA), without facial hair or other condition that may interfere with the seal, in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Must climb in and out of manholes and excavations
- Must walk, stand, lift, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, and/or reach
- Must use hand tools and operate heavy equipment,i.e. jackhammers
- Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness
- Must work with equipment with manufacturer weight rating of 350 llbs.
- Must be able to use equipment with a maximum weight rating of 375 lbs when wearing and/or carrying 25lbs of clothing and equipment.
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be able to wear required personal protective equipment.
- Must be able to walk, climb, and stand for extensive periods of time, while working in all weather conditions.
- Must be willing to obtain a NYC and NYS asbestos license as required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.