Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Project Specialist will work with business program managers and stakeholders to define initiatives that improve our customer's experience.
- The Project Specialist will be responsible for the creation and support of cross-functional agile teams and lead the execution and management of specific projects
- The Project Specialist will be responsible for project and feature development and communications including the project road map, backlog prioritization, project plans, resource utilization schedules and budget materials
- Plan, execute, monitor, track, manage risks and issues and report on projects using traditional and Agile development
- processes and techniques
- Analyze business requirements to develop and define high-level epics and stories to create a prioritized Project Backlog
- Write user stories, person as, and acceptance criteria driven by business value that are clear, concise, and easy to understand
- Identify related user stories, features, themes and epics, grouping them into themes as necessary and documenting the interrelationship and associated business process flows
- Plan and manage testing associated with changes to business processes and systems, including supervising development of detailed test plans and test cases, execution of testing, documentation of findings, and working with business and technical staff to resolve identified issues and seek approvals
- Manage all aspects of the relationship with vendors and service providers, from preparing and executing RFPs to supporting contract negotiations and tracking deliverables
- Identify and monitor key performance metrics that drive engagement and result in achieving the section and department goals
- Support a customer-centric and service-oriented culture, taking special interest in meeting the needs of our customers, employees and other stakeholders
- Initiate and implement program improvements across governance and intake processes in coordination with Section Manager
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required
- Bachelor's Degree and Three Years of Relevant Work Experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to drive results by collaborating with stakeholders to build consensus, Required
- Strong communications, presentation, writing, and analytical skills, Required
- Experience with creating requirements and tracking projects in Azure Dev or similar project management tools, Preferred
- Ability to conceptualize and write content targeting both customers and internal stakeholders, Required
- Experience managing budgets and forecasts, Required
- Experience in producing formal presentations and documentation for executive and regulatory share out, Preferred
- Experience with Agile program management and/or transformation, Preferred
- Experience with tech projects development, systems integrations, Preferred
- Experience with customer experience improvement projects, Requried
- Familiarity with the utility sector, regulatory compliance, NY State climate goals, Peferred
Skills & Ability
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
- Develops and delivers effective presentations
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills
- Promotes information sharing
- Ability to lead/manage others
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Proactively approaches responsibilities
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.