Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Work with internal IT and business units to advise on design and architecture of self-service BI solutions to ensure efficiency in data modeling, refresh methodologies, and output of business reporting / dashboards. Obtain a detailed understanding of current BI landscape and identify potential gaps that may impact our goal of aligning on an enterprise self-service BI standard.
- Provide recommendations on and implement the following domains to fill identified gaps: Technologies, e.g. complementing solutions to visualization tools to enhance data quality, security and/or accessibility, improving monitoring and operations of BI solutions to minimize service interruptions and data discrepancies, etc. Standards, Policies and Governance, e.g. best practices around mitigating data proliferation, approved and governed datasets used at the enterprise level, proper data access methodologies based on data domains, etc.
- Portfolio Scope: Lead analyst for one or more technology products, subsystems of major enterprise applications or medium sized department portfolios. Plans multi-year outlook / roadmap for assigned portfolio. Drive enterprise effort to align on standardized BI tool(s) and create best practice documentation to ensure streamlined day-to-day operations to minimize service interruption. Analyzes business requirements and advises on solution to satisfy business needs.
- Deliverables: Design documents, deliver optimizations and process improvements for productionized solutions, develop project and implementation plans for medium complexity projects.
- Business Relationships and Management: Coaches and influences business managers in technology decisions. Engage with internal and external partners regularly to overcome blockers and optimize delivered solutions. Understands and anticipates the needs and requirements of business partners. Prepares and conducts regular status updates on platform deployments to end consumers and stakeholders.
- Vendor Management: Effectively develop, manage, and strengthen vendor relationships to align vendor products and services with business and IT objectives.
- Operations: Manages incidents including timely and relevant communication. Triage problems, remediate, analyze root cause, and implement incident prevention using techniques such as Human Performance Improvement.
- Performance Improvement: Leads significant portion of IT process improvement teams. Ability to analyze, discover, and recommend opportunities for systems or process improvements.
- Communications and Change Management: Communicates effectively across multiple stakeholder groups to influence project outcomes and steer towards enterprise goals. Proactively engages leadership at the manager and general manager levels. Partners on delivering successes and managing challenges early. Solicits and implements feedback. Manages change proactively.
- Support the team in its overall objectives, including analytics solution delivery and data operations.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Master's Degree a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience or
- Bachelor's Degree a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience or
- Associate's Degree a minimum of 4 years work relevant experience or
- High School Diploma/GED a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience
- Master's Degree preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Math, Business, or applicable degree and a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Math, Business, or applicable degree and a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience
Relevant Work Experience
- 2 years Structured Query Language (SQL) with at least 2 of the following: Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, or PostgreSQL Required
- 2 years Self Service BI applications with at least 1 of the following: Microsoft Power BI (Desktop, Service and Premium), Tableau (Desktop and Server) Required
- Extensive experience with best practices on BI solution development (reports, dashboards, stories, data-based alerting, report development lifecycle, etc.) Required
- Experience with data management, analysis, integration, and modeling Required
- Experience with translating business defined requirements to technical requirements and developing documentation that will be consumed by users of diverse backgrounds and skills Required
- Experience with planning, organizing and leading meetings Required
- Must have excellent work ethic and integrity. Required
- Experience with adapting to new technologies as required for the job using documentation and other available resources Required
- Well organized and detail oriented to handle multiple assignments Required
- Experience as a dedicated participant on a medium to large scale systems development project. Required
- Experience with implementing BI Tools such as Microsoft Power BI at an enterprise level a plus (e.g. Power BI Vertipaq Engine, Data Gateways, DAX, Power Query, etc.) Preferred
- Formal Project Management and/or Business Analysis skills a plus Preferred
- Experience implementing packaged software a plus Preferred
- Experience with process automation applications, such as Power Automate a plus Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Project Demonstrated project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Possesses a high degree of initiative
- Possesses strong technical aptitude
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: Deployment, Administration and Operation Preferred
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.