Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Lead the Utility's Energy Storage (ES) projects, oversee project managers and SMEs to ensure existing storage projects are executed efficiently, on time and within budget. Another core function will be to identify new opportunities on the distribution and transmission systems through innovation, collaboration, and strategic partnerships to grow utility storage programs. The Department Manager will provide leadership and guidance to cross-functional teams involved in strategy implementation, promote knowledge sharing across the organization to build capabilities, improve processes and tools required for integration into the company's core operations. Will also lead strategic initiatives and drive alignment across the organization in a broad and rapidly evolving business environment to drive the clean energy transition for the regulated utility and work towards the NYS CLCPA goals.
- Ensure implementation of Company safety, health, and environmental programs for employees whose work is directed. Ensure that safe work practices are followed, and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- Drive commitment to the Way We Work Principles and adherence to the Company's Standards of Business Conduct and other Company procedures including Environmental, Health and Safety (''EH&S''), Equal Employment Opportunity (''EEO''), discipline, and security.
- At Con Edison we have, and we all need to take special interest in our customers, both within the company and externally. As an employee, you need to commit to these ideals of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers and improve value for all our stakeholders.
- Lead, design and implement the Utility-Owned ES projects across all ConEd operating regions.
- Identify ''Grid Edge'' opportunities to pair and co-locate ES with other DER to maximize revenue and societal benefits.
- Identify new business opportunities aligned with strategic objectives, develop business cases, and implementation plan to facilitate CLCPA goals.
- Ensure coordination and cross-departmental alignment of ES integration, including but not limited to short, medium, and long-range planning, load forecasting, regional engineering, area sub-station planning and substation operations.
- Generate economic models and analyses to support business cases development, and the launch of new initiatives; Manage cross-functional teams responsible for delivering strategic initiatives and developing new program offerings; Develop ES short-term and long-term forecasts at both network and system level.
- Identify issues, structure problems, and drive alignment across organizations and up to senior executive leadership.
- Oversee RFP and contracts for vendor selections and negotiations. Managed contracts, claims, budgets and change orders.
- Approve operating procedures and specifications for design, integrations/testing, commissioning, operations, and market participation for each ES assets.
- Lead the company's efforts to integrate resources like energy storage into the distributed system platform in a scalable fashion consistent with state and city policy targets.
- Represent the Company's interests with external stakeholders, such as the New York State Department of Public Service (DPS) Staff.
- Communicate, engage with external stakeholders such as PSC, NYSERDA, Joint Utilities as well as other Market participants regarding energy storage.
- Prepare Budget and financial forecast for current and future programs. Approve financial reporting metrics and help organization reach KPIs.
- Lead rate case filings and proceeding for energy storage proposals.
- Develop presentations to communicate effectively with senior executives, regulators, and external stakeholders; Present on current trends at conferences and industry meetings.
- Assume other related work as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics or Engineering and 8 years of work experience or
- Master's Degree in Economics, Engineering, or MBA and 6 years of work experience
- Master's Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is preferred.
Relevant Work Experience
- Proven leadership skills, innovation and ability to adapt to change are essential. Required and
- The candidate must have good communication, negotiation, and organizational skills with a clear sense of accountability. Must be able to exercise independent judgment and render sound business decisions. Required and
- Stakeholder management: The ability to interact with all levels of management, customers, vendors, regulatory agencies etc. effectively and positively is essential in this dynamic position. Required and
- Technical knowledge: Must have work experience related to energy storage, functional knowledge of storage capabilities and monetizing assets. Required and
- Strong business acumen: understand company's business and energy storage strategy; industry and market landscape, financial management and business development, understand business issues and ability to assess implications to drive decision making to achieve positive outcomes. Required and
- Project Management: Successfully drive results across a multi-discipline matrixed organization. Well organized, detail oriented, flexible to concurrently handle multiple assignments and projects, be able to implement process improvements, and able to aggressively meet deadlines. Required and
- The ability to conduct presentations to large audiences is an integral part of the job. Required and
- Excellent knowledge in computer applications such as MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Projects), as well as other company software systems is required. Required and
- A minimum of 6 years work experience including technical knowledge of Con Edison's electrical system, project management, and energy markets is preferred. Preferred and
- Knowledge of NYC, NYS, and NYISO energy storage rules, regulations, and goals is a strong plus. Preferred and
- Existing relationships across the many internal and external parties required for success a strong plus. Preferred and
- Experience designing, implementing, and negotiating storage projects in NYC a strong plus. Preferred and
- Knowledge of New York State's Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act (CLCPA). Preferred Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift
- Must stand to use operate office equipment for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.