Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Con Edison, a multibillion-dollar energy utility, is leading the clean energy transition in New York City and Westchester County. We are investing hundreds of millions of dollars annually to integrate distributed resources into our electric and gas systems, support electric vehicle charging infrastructure, and scale adoption of energy efficiency and clean heating technologies across our customers.
- Build your clean energy career on one of the largest electric vehicle teams in the country! This is a great role to demonstrate your ability to drive results, apply cross-disciplinary skills to the clean energy space, collaborate closely with diverse teams, and gain firsthand experience with the clean energy transition and the EV charging market.
- The Section Manager for E-Mobility Medium- & Heavy Duty Vehicle (MHDV) Infrastructure Programs is responsible for driving progress in the electrification of fleets and MHDVs in Con Edison's service territory through development, implementation of, and ongoing operations of a MHDV infrastructure incentive program.
- Develop, build, and lead an organization capable of program implementation, meeting customer needs, and achieving program goals.
- Work with customers, developers, original equipment manufacturers, dealers, governmental agencies, and other stakeholders and market participants to advance MHDV electrification and support participation in Con Edison's programs.
- Drive program success on schedule and on budget, through development of effective incentive strategies and close budget management.
- Develop tools and processes necessary for program execution in a manner that considers future business needs, customer and market expectations, and also ensures compliance with all regulatory and legal requirements.
- Work with internal teams to develop metrics, dashboards, analytical tools, and other reporting materials to 1) effectively track program progress, manage the program towards goals, adapt to the changing MHDV market, and 2) communicate MHDV program progress towards goals and objectives to various internal and external stakeholders including senior management, impacted internal departments, key external stakeholders, and policy makers.
- Oversee the preparation of data and other content for regulatory submissions, quarterly reports, and interrogatory responses in regulatory proceedings.
- Collaborate with various E-Mobility teams to maximize program success, including but not limited to working with Business Development to promote and drive customers to our programs, working with Technology Platforms & Tools to develop IT tools for internal and customer use, coordinating with Strategy & Policy teams on strategic direction and program design, and working with other program teams to ensure the Company effectively promotes the full suite of EV charging offerings to our customers.
- Collaborate with Con Edison's Energy Services and Engineering organizations to deliver a best-in-class customer experience.
- Participate and work effectively on cross-functional teams responsible for new department initiatives that may arise from time to time.
- Recruit, develop, and retain an engaged and diverse workforce.
- Actively support the professional development of the MHDV Infrastructure Program Operations team.
- Ensure that safe work practices are followed, and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree and 8 years of work experience 3 years of experience in the energy or utilities industry or
- Master's Degree and 6 years of work experience 3 years of experience in the energy or utilities industry
- Master's Degree Degree in business, engineering or sustainability disciplines or 5 years utility work experience Project management, engineering and/or knowledge of utility new business processes
Relevant Work Experience
- Experience managing a team and developing its members. Required
- Demonstrated ability managing projects with multiple sub-projects, each a project unto itself. Required
- Demonstrated ability to effectively oversee and manage a wide scope. Required
- Demonstrated experience analyzing information, both technical and financial, and making recommendations based on that information. Required
- Demonstrated work experience leading a fast-paced, project-oriented team. Required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills necessary to successfully interface with and influence executives, customers, business partners, regulators, public officials, and other external stakeholders. Required
- Ability to effectively interact with customers, developers, energy service providers, regulators, government personnel, and all levels of management. Required
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments and deadlines. Required
- Experience supporting commercial and fleet customers and possess working knowledge of the MHDV market. Preferred
- Working knowledge of Engineering and Energy Services processes to interconnect customer projects to the Con Edison system. Preferred
- Experience managing projects related to distributed energy resources or infrastructure serving customers' distributed energy needs. Preferred
- Working knowledge of regulatory processes such as preparation of rate proceedings, responding to Commission orders and responses to interrogatories. Preferred
- Demonstrated work experience managing large third party service provider contracts. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.