Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Identify and become knowledgeable about relevant issues.
- Identify relevant witnesses, evidence and documents.
- Gather facts to defend the Company through witness interviews.
- Document review and other thorough fact finding techniques, using the support of Company investigators and paralegals, where appropriate and document such findings in Company's case management software.
- Draft pleadings, motions, and legal memoranda.
- Conducts legal research relevant to scope of responsibility, prepares and responds to discovery and utilizes motion practice.
- Assist other members of the Law Department in providing legal representation, advice, and support for the Company on matters of moderate complexity or significance with supervision.
- Represent the Company in depositions, and hearings and trials in Supreme Court and Federal Court, as needed.
- Provide support to other Law Department groups.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Juris Doctorate from recognized/accredited Law School.
Relevant Work Experience
- Must have two years experience in civil litigation, in a Con Ed organization, or a combination thereof. Required
- Must be an attorney, in good standing, admitted to practice in New York State. Required
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.