Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Restructuring of our Human Resource organization has provided the opportunity for an experienced and results-driven HR business partner leader to align our human resource initiatives and functions with the business objectives and business needs of the organizations we support. Recognizing that business partners are the face of Human Resources, the chosen candidate will engage the team with the Centers of Excellence and Service Delivery groups to facilitate the company's employee initiatives.
- This role will be a change agent to navigate a new way for our Human Resources organization to do business. The department manager will create and implement a service model where business partners provide information, services, and support to senior leaders in the areas of employee relations, labor relations, contract administration, staffing, performance management, talent management, succession planning, compensation and wage administration, employee benefits, training, affirmative action, and compliance programs.
- The selected candidate will lead a team of professionals who work with organization leaders to align staff to business objectives, identify future talent needs, manage and enhance staff performance, plan and implement reorganizations, support employee development and succession planning, communicate and execute strategic HR initiatives, and ensure compliance with company policies and practices.
- Lead the team to improve HR initiatives, enhance staff morale, enhance relations between managers and employees, contribute to attaining business goals, promote good HR practices, and attract talent. Ensure HR business partners work with their customers to streamline HR functions, report on HR metrics, enhance workforce retention, predict staffing needs, manage termination process to mitigate risks.
- Ensure that EEO and Affirmative Action policies are communicated and enforced through training, foster a culture of tolerance regarding workplace diversity, and identify opportunities to improve staff diversity.
- Ensure data provided to the organization is effective in developing actionable plans to better manage their employees. Maintain a significant field presence at organizational meetings to address employee relations issues. Cultivates relationships with customers on an ongoing basis in order to play an active role in their employee initiatives.
- Facilitate internal investigations by the Office of Diversity & Inclusion, Business Ethics and Compliance, and Corporate Security and provide advice and counsel on subsequent administrative action.
- Aid Human Resources in adding value to overall business objectives, providing HR solutions, resolving personnel issues, retaining a talented workforce, and ensuring compliance with regulations.
- The ideal candidate for this role should have a strong focus on strategy, excellent communication skills, keen attention to detail and follow-up, be compliance focused and have a good understanding of business functions with the demonstrated ability to drive change and achieve results.
- Bachelor's Degree Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business or Psychology (Preferred) and with a minimum of 10 years relevant work experience. or
- Master's Degree Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business or Psychology (Preferred) and with a minimum of 8 years relevant work experience.
Relevant Work Experience
- Possess expertise, knowledge and extensive experience providing strategic support to organizations and executives on employee management, for both exempt and non-exempt employees. Required and
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage an organization with a proven track record for people development. Required and
- Significant experience managing and developing a diverse team of service professionals. Required and
- Strong knowledge of employee relations, labor relations/contract interpretation, staffing and talent management, wage and salary administration, performance management, diversity, equity, inclusion, and EEO administration. Required and
- Experience analyzing and presenting data to solve problems and facilitate decisions, actions, and change. Required and
- Excellent experience managing workplace conflict and identifying collaborative solutions. Required and
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills necessary to successfully interface with and influence executives, senior leaders, and other stakeholders. Required and
- Demonstrated ability to set, monitor and achieve goals through leadership of direct reports and/or teams. Required and
- Project Management Experience. Required and
- Outstanding presentation, verbal, and written communication skills. Required and
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications or related software. Required
- Experience working in a unionized organization and collaborating with union leaders to identify workplace solutions. Preferred and
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: SPHR Preferrederred Preferred
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be willing to travel to various company locations.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.