Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- With some general guidance/limited supervision, provides specifications and coordinates construction schedules to meet the requirements of the customer and the Company.
- With some general guidance/limited supervision, meets with commercial and industrial customers for the purposes of evaluating their electric and/or gas requirements. Promotes teamwork throughout the construction process to enhance productivity.
- Develops positive working relationships with consulting engineers, architects, customers, land developer/builders, and other key stakeholders to keep abreast of proposed or existing planned expansions to provide adequate and timely energy service to the customer.
- Participates in and develops solutions by providing technical advice and assistance pertaining to the large commercial and industrial customers distribution systems, energy efficiency and load factor improvements, including the recommendation of demand control and load reduction schemes, equipment needs, and construction.
- With some general guidance/limited supervision, assists large commercial and industrial customers in system trouble shooting, including the use of sophisticated test equipment and metering devices. Promotes customer good will by establishing and maintaining harmonious relations with various business organizations, engineering groups, and customers.
- Must be cognizant of and maintains knowledge of all pertinent national, state, and local codes/ordinances; Company policies and construction standards relative to customer installations and Company facilities.
- Responsible for the maintaining priority customer information, customer records/files and will assist the Managers of New Business Services in the preparation of periodic reports and load forecasts.
- With some general guidance/limited supervision, perform account management responsibilities; acts quickly in response to customer problems, takes ownership and sees them through to satisfactory conclusion. Able to interact professionally and courteously with customers in a face to face situation. Comfortable dealing with customers at all levels of seniority. Demonstrable experience in a customer facing role. Experience in managing customer relationships at executive levels
- Must have knowledge of natural gas rates, gas construction, and state of the art gas metering. Must be cognizant of all AGA, ANSI, state and local codes, as well as the technical aspects of gas equipment and related manufacturing processes.
- Keeps informed of the industry and keeps up-to-date with the latest developments in the Engineering field through webinars, industry conferences, stakeholder meetings and technical committees as applicable.
- Participates in the Company's emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
- Performs other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering is required and 2 years related experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering is preferred and 2 years related experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Associate Engineer must have a minimum of 2 years of work experience in Operations, Engineering, Project Management or related field. Required
- Must demonstrate ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, apply individual judgment, initiative and decision making in the handling of Commercial, Industrial and Residential projects. Required
- Must have strong interpersonal skills necessary to interact with customers and act as a Company liaison regarding all energy related matters. Required
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills, and have the ability to effectively interact with customers, support staff, and various levels of management. Required
- Must proactively approach responsibilities. Required
- Must be articulate and responsive to customers and colleagues. Required
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.