Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Manage a diverse team of Procurement Specialists in the procurement activities in areas associated with materials, equipment, and associated services as related to capital projects and/or operations and maintenance to maximize potential savings.
- Provides guidance in development of sourcing strategies and directs the preparation of bid invitations and other related purchasing documents evaluates vendor proposals and bids and makes award recommendations and approves authorizations in accordance with the Delegation of Authority.
- Supervises the performance of associated commercial and economic evaluations of supplier bids and proposals.
- Responds to inquiries from leadership, Auditing, and other internal/external stakeholders. Follows up on audit reports to determine compliance with audit recommendations or implementation of alternate solutions.
- Develops personnel to achieve maximum efficiency, value add and productivity by leading, managing, counseling and initiating appropriate training. Reviews resource plan, establish priorities and adjusts workload as required to utilize workforce to support various internal business organizations.
- Must be available to perform occasional off-hour emergency Supply Chain team leader functions, some of which may require working extended or non-traditional hours.
- Performs other related assignments and meet or exceed Key Performance Indicators as required by leadership.
- Maintain and enhance partnerships and engagement with key stakeholders including executives, customers, and suppliers.
- Develop and lead strategic efforts around Supplier Diversity and Sustainability with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Lead emergency events as the Supply Chain representative and ensures the Company has sufficient material and equipment. Establish a strong partnership with Stores Operations (Warehouse) and support their business needs.
- Bachelor's Degree Supply Chain, Business, Finance, Economics, or Engineering, or an equivalent field. and 8+ years of relevant work experience, and 3 to 5 years of supervisory experience.
Relevant Work Experience
- 8-10 years relevant work experience. Required
- 3-5 years experience managing people. Required
- Ability to plan and organize workloads as well as excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills. Required and
- Proficient in the use of MS Office products. Required and
- Knowledge of Oracle. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, and meet with suppliers as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.