Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Junior Designers must be able to perform structural design calculations and create construction drawings for new and existing building modifications as well as for station upgrades such as: equipment foundations, sitework, and structural steel framing; and for the completion of associated structural and/or site calculations with those designs.
- Read and understand the content of drawings, notes, common drawing symbols, acronyms and notations.
- Utilize AutoCAD in creating or revising drawings.
- Work with project team members and stakeholders.
- Use and application of civil engineering software and calculations.
- Organize information, prepare technical documents and explain their analysis and designs to others.
- On occasion, Junior Designers will be responsible for creating conceptual and/or construction sketches, as-builts, test-pit requests, and/or sub-surface drawing packages.
- Search for, retrieve and print files from the Drawing Management System; and create new, revise existing drawings, and promote these revised drawings through the established drawing approval process.
- High School Diploma/GED and 2 years experience in Civil engineering and design or
- Associate's Degree In Civil Engineering, Civil Engineering Technology (or applicable civil discipline technical degree).
- Bachelor's Degree Civil Engineering (from an ABET accredited University)
- Engineering In Training Certificataion
Relevant Work Experience
- Read and prepare civil, structural, and/or architectural drawings, including plans, sections, notes, and details Required
- Knowledgeable in Structural and Geotechnical Engineering principles and practices and with performing structural analysis Required
- Familiar with industry and manufactured structural and architectural products and be familiar with finding manufacturer product data sheets and selecting appropriate products Required
- Ability to perform drafting and design in AutoCAD 2D and computer proficiency to include Microsoft Office Required
- Capable of designing and issuing engineering drawings and calculations to build things safely and be compliant with local, state and federal codes Required
- Well organized and detail oriented and capable of developing well thought out engineering solutions when presented with problems Required
- Requires understanding of the vital importance of commitment to excellence, providing exemplary customer service and of maintaining a zero-harm culture Required
- Fluency with project management and construction drawing processes and practices Required
- Familiarity with the drawing management systems and the ability utilize the system to access, print, store, view, and search for drawings Required
Skills & Ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift
- Must stoop, bend, reach and kneel throughout the workday
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.