Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Directs the work force, prioritize daily work assignments, and follows-up to ensure work is completed correctly, safely, economically and in compliance with specifications and procedures.
- Provides technical guidance to technicians. Also provides guidance to Engineering, Operations and Maintenance and other field groups in support of routine (planned) and non-routine (emergency trouble-shooting) testing.
- Plans, coordinates and provides technical guidance for electrical construction projects requiring acceptance testing and commissioning of new equipment and protection.
- Reviews, analyzes, and approves test results for routine and non-routine work in order to commission new or repaired equipment or systems.
- Coordinates all necessary training to ensure compliance with safety, environmental and operating procedures.
- Performs all administrative functions necessary to ensure proper operation of the local workout and office facilities, including time cards, material ordering, payroll and office operations.
- Ensures the work management system correctly reflects the department's work activities.
- Coordinates work with other groups and takes appropriate action to ensure work is completed in a timely, cost-effective and safe manner.
- Bachelor's Degree Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or
- Associate's Degree Electrical Technology, Electromechanical Engineering Technology, Electronics Technology or Telecommunications Technology
- Bachelor's Degree Electrical Engineering
Relevant Work Experience
- 5-7 years Experience working with protective relays and/or substation systems Required or
- 2 years Experience working exclusively with substation operations protective relays, systems and testing Required
- 3-5 years Minimum of three years of supervisory experience or related experience is also required. Required
- Must possess the ability to become a subject matter expert for the operation and maintenance of protective relay systems, transmission and distribution equipment and electrical testing of protective relays and supervisory control systems. Required
- Must possess strong computer skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook as well as Protest, Metaphase, AutoCAD and OSS. Required
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Required
- Extensive knowledge of substation equipment is strongly desired. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Position requires extensive walking and climbing.
- Must be medically approved to wear a respirator.
- Must be willing to work extended hours, weekends, holidays and various shifts.
- Availability for calls off-hours is required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.