Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Collaborate with business teams to develop tactical Data Governance roadmaps that align with the business's strategic goals, helping to analyze, prioritize and itemize their DG work.
- Partner with business units and the Data Governance Implementation Team (DGIT) to establish local governance councils and initiate formal issue management processes
- Guide and train other data stewards on how to implement DG policies, processes and controls within their domain to promote data quality, transparency and compliance.
- Create resources such as standards, process documentation, and job aids related to our ongoing DG practice
- Contribute to enterprise communications about our DG program
- Facilitate continuous improvement of our enterprise DG practices and policy, and work to build a collaborative professional peer community, fostering long-term partnerships with DG practitioners across the company.
- Participate in analytics intake processes, evaluating governance around data assets to be integrated into the Enterprise Data Analytics Platform (EDAP), ensuring data is properly managed and 'fit for purpose'.
- Serve as technical expert and steward for the enterprise data catalog and similar tools owned by the DGO. Ensure the collective business glossary, metadata management, and quality rules are maintained to the highest standards.
- Commitment to the ideals of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers and improve engagement and value for all our stakeholders
- Support the team in its overall objectives, to include data privacy, data governance, and emerging Company data initiatives
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Master's Degree Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Business, or technology-centric field and with a minimum of two (2) years relevant experience; or
- Bachelor's Degree Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Business, or technology-centric field and with a minimum of three (3) years relevant experience; or
- Associate's Degree Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Business, or technology-centric field and with a minimum of five (5) years relevant experience; or
- High School Diploma/GED and with a minimum of seven (7) years relevant experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Experience querying, profiling and analyzing large data sets Required
- Experience working with relational databases and data models Required
- Understanding of basic principles of data architecture Required
- Comfort reading and developing technical documentation Required
- Experience in stakeholder management and/or managing cross-functional teams, including leading and facilitating meetings Required
- Experience with root cause analysis and issue resolution Required
- Experience coding in SQL, Python or other scripting language Required
- Experience doing analysis in Excel Required
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills and technologies as required Required
- Experience working in data governance/management Preferred
- Experience developing data standards and definitions Preferred
- Experience with API management and other integration technologies Preferred
- Practical working knowledge of principals of data security or privacy Preferred
- Experience with change management Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Develops and delivers effective presentations
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: Relevant IT certifications Preferred
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.