Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Corporate Security is seeking an individual that is highly motivated and promotes a positive work ethic in support of the Company's Way We Work Principles and the Company's safety, health and environmental programs.
- Manage and oversee improvement recommendations for all physical security needs at Gas, Steam, Electric Ops, and Substation Operations locations.
- The Manager will oversee all compliance matters that apply to Corporate Security to include NERC CIP, CFATS, MARSEC and mandates by the PSC.
- The Manager will be responsible for preparing all the budget forms and monitoring the capital and O&M budget on their projects.
- Must possess strong analytical, organizational and investigative skills in order to handle multiple assignments, changing priorities and achieve deadlines.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and be able to effectively interact with business unit personnel and various levels of management throughout the company.
- Prepare clear, concise and informative reports and make presentations as necessary to management. Perform special assignments and programs as directed by the Department Manager.
- Evaluate existing security measures in place to protect the company's assets and devise improvement strategies taking into account operational procedures and financial constraints.
- Will oversee Corporate Security Vulnerability Assessments at select locations.
- Prepare and review detailed physical security drawings, scopes and Orders of Magnitudes for select locations.
- Liaise with local law enforcement authorities on matters of mutual interests.
- Perpetuates a security awareness environment within assigned area.
- Perform maintenance and repair of physical security technical equipment such as cameras, card access and DVRs.
- Performs other related assignments as required.
- High School Diploma/GED High School Diploma/GED and 7 years related work experience..
Relevant Work Experience
- Seven years' work experience in Corporate Security with hands on involvement with physical and technical equipment, coupled with a strong proficiency in emerging electronic technology or Twenty years of professional experience in law enforcement with a strong knowledge of technical security equipment. Required
- Prior experience repairing/maintaining physical security technical equipment such as cameras, card access and DVRs is required. Required
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Required
- Must have strong analytical skills and be capable of making decisions promptly and effectively. Required
- Must be capable of drawing and reviewing physical security scopes and Orders of Magnitude for capital projects. Required
- Must be able to monitor the capital budget on these projects, working with other Company Organizations and Central Engineering Department to complete projects on a timely basis. Required
- Must be able to respond to emergency security issues and interface with law enforcement 24/7. Required
Skills & Ability
- Ability to lead/manage others
- Effective leadership skills
- Possesses strong technical aptitude
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift
- Must stoop, bend, reach and kneel throughout the workday
- Must stand to use operate office equipment for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be available to work weekends and off hours during storm emergencies.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.