Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Commitment to the Way We Work Principles, and adherence to the Company's Code of Conduct and other Company procedures including Environmental, Health and Safety (''EH&S''), Equal Employment Opportunity (''EEO''), discipline, and security.
- Manage Projects related to the DSP
- Work closely with R&D to target any projects worthwhile implementing that is geared towards DSP's goal and mission
- Lead the project efforts with various engineering groups, field forces, and IT to deploy voltage regulation equipment in distribution system circuits
- Interface with various company groups to evaluate and integrate DER resource that facilitate interconnection alternatives, improvement of grid functions to accommodate DERs, reporting analytics (i.e. utilizing Power BI, pivot tables, Oracle)
- Manage financial requirements such as creating appropriations
- Manage financial requirements such as creating and/or approving purchase orders and vendor payments based on contractual deliverables.
- Continue to communicate, engage and partner with lead stakeholders such as PSC, NYSERDA, and other DER participants.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering. Preferably in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering and a minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience. or
- Master's Degree in Engineering. Preferably in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering and a minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering. Preferably in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering and Minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience.
- Master's Degree in Engineering. Preferably in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering and Minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience.
Relevant Work Experience
- Must understand the vital importance of commitment to excellence and providing exemplary customer service. Required
- Must be energetic and demonstrate an unwavering commitment to our Code of Conduct and The Way We Work. Required
- Experience with Area Substation or operations. Required
- Should have a minimum of 8 years work experience including technical knowledge of Con Edison's electrical system, project management and construction. Required
- Excellent knowledge of computer applications such as MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Power BI, Oracle, Unifier), as well as other company software systems. Required
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills. Required
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able to work from the Company's corporate headquarters in New York City.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be able to participate in the company's emergency management process and storm plans as required.
- May be required to carry handouts, laptop computer, etc. to meetings.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.