Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Supervise and conduct training of employees, contractors, and customers in the skills required to perform their jobs.
- Assist employees for possible career development.
- Evaluate trainee performance for qualifications.
- Assess procedures and equipment relative to training.
- Participate in Learning Leader Enrichment and Achievement Program (LLEAP) to develop as a learning professional.
- Support Digital Learning Technology development and renewal.
- Cross train in other training areas based on business needs.
- Participate in developing and updating of training curriculum and aides, instructor guides, student guides, tests, training media, eLearning courses, etc.
- Ensure that all assigned courses have current learning objectives, course outlines, instructor guides, student manuals, training aids, tests, media and centralized document control.
- Coordinate with field personnel to ensure alignment of training with operations, including participation in Training Effectiveness Committees (TEC's) and field visits.
- Update and maintain eTrain and Learning Management System (LMS) records.
- Stay informed of operating incidents, issues, procedures, lessons learned, etc. Communicate these to the training staff and students, where applicable.
- Provide technical expertise to operating organizations and other parties regarding equipment, materials, safety and operating procedures.
- High School Diploma/GED and with 6 years of relevant work experience in area of expertise Work experience in Substations, Steam, Construction, Engineering, System Operations and/or Facilities or
- Associate's Degree and with 4 years of relevant work experience in area of expertise.
- Work experience in Substations, Steam, Construction, Engineering, System Operations and/or Facilities or
- Bachelor's Degree and with 2 years of relevant work experience in area of expertise.
- Work experience in Substations, Steam, Construction, Engineering, System Operations and/or Facilities
Relevant Work Experience
- At least 2 years of relevant acceptable work experience in Substations, Steam, Construction, Engineering, System Operations and/or Facilities. Required
- Excellent oral and written communications skills required. Required
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills required. Required
- Demonstrate high energy level, flexibility and the ability handle multiple tasks and assignments while working under tight deadlines. Required
- Strong organizational, administrative, decision making and interpersonal skills with attention to detail and a solid teamwork orientation. Required
- Must have the ability to make presentations and facilitate group activities/training. Required
- Maintain a professional demeanor and have the ability to deal with all levels of management, Regulatory Agencies, union personnel and customers and the ability handle multiple tasks and assignments while working under tight deadlines. Required
- Hands-on experience with computer software programs, including Microsoft Office products. Required
- Substation Operations Preferred
- Demonstrated professional demeanor, confidence dealing with all levels of management/union personnel and the ability to work with sensitive and confidential information.
- Must be well organized, detail oriented and flexible with the ability to handle classroom instructional responsibilities and special assignments.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must respond to system emergencies
- Must work at field locations in all weather conditions
- Must climb ladders and stairs
- Must be approved and able to wear either a full- or half-face respirator without facial hair or other condition that may interfere with the seal, in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Must stand, walk, and climb ladder and stairs for a whole shift
- Must walk, stand, lift, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, and/or reach
- Must use hand tools and operate heavy equipment,i.e. jackhammers
- Must travel to company locations to work on storm restoration and heat contingencies
- Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness
- Must work with equipment with manufacturer weight rating of 350 llbs.
- Must be able to use equipment with a maximum weight rating of 375 lbs when wearing and/or carrying 25lbs of clothing and equipment.
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.