Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Con Edison, a multibillion-dollar energy utility, is leading the clean energy transition in New York City and Westchester County. We invest hundreds of millions of dollars annually to integrate distributed resources into our electric and gas systems, support electric vehicle charging infrastructure, and scale adoption of energy efficiency and clean heating technologies across our customers.
- The Portfolio Planning and Analysis (''PP&A'') department within the Customer Clean Energy Solutions (''CCES'') organization is responsible for providing analytical, financial, and regulatory support to the implementation of the Company's energy efficiency and building electrification programs. PP&A is seeking a creative and analytical leader with strong experience in strategy development in the clean energy space. The successful candidate will lead his or her to team to work across CCES to identify risks and growth opportunities, develop business cases and actionable business strategies, align the relevant organizations around the recommended strategies, synthesize and present to senior executives, and provide targeted problem solving and strategic support to CCES as required.
- This is an exciting role at the intersection of decarbonization, public policy, and business strategy. This dynamic role offers the opportunity to learn and materially impact how utilities equitably deliver on the clean energy transition.
- You will be responsible for strategy development and planning of CCES- medium- and long-term building electrification portfolio to ensure Con Edison equitably achieves New York State's energy saving and emission reduction targets. You will partner with staff across the organization to drive alignment on the challenges, opportunities, strategies, and implementation plans to put your strategic vision to work. Other responsibilities are to:
- Develop actionable multi-year new business cases and business strategies related to growth opportunities in the Company's building electrification program.
- Work with the CCES teams and other internal stakeholders to shape, integrate, and optimize portfolio goals and develop and prioritize strategic initiatives for each calendar year through each program's annual business plan.
- Manage cross-functional teams responsible for new department initiatives.
- Synthesize insights, analysis, and recommendations and present to the Company's senior executives.
- Represent the Company's interest to external stakeholders such as the New York State Department of Public Service Staff and other stakeholders.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree and 8 years or
- Master's Degree and 6 years
Relevant Work Experience
- 2 years Experience in regulated and/or market driven utility programs (e.g., energy efficiency). Required
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and synthesize data and research into business insights, and effectively communicate the information in oral and written deliverables. Required
- Experience crafting and presenting analysis and recommendations to senior executives. Required
- Flexibility dealing with ambiguity and comfort working in a dynamic environment. Required
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to drive results by collaborating with stakeholders to build consensus. Required
- Strong writing and oral communications skills. Required
- Demonstrated creativity and problem-solving skills. Required
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel). Required
- 2 years Demonstrated success leading business or corporate strategy development. Preferred
- Experience with financial analysis and familiarity with utility financials. Preferred
- Experience and/or knowledge of the building electrification market and policy landscape in the broader New York City area. Preferred
- Experience and/or knowledge of New York State's Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act (CLCPA) and the local clean energy policy landscape. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.