Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Under general guidelines, will project manage as well as organize, schedule, and assign work activities related to customer service installations to personnel to meet operating needs, customer service requirements and departmental goals. These tasks may require the coordination of efforts among customers, their contractors and consulting engineers.
- Ensures safe work practices are followed, as well as environmental considerations in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- Reviews progress of various projects to ensure their completion in a timely and professional manner.
- Reviews incoming engineering request and ensures that the data is accurate and complete.
- Reviews all customer PV and EV requests to verify accuracy and completeness for connection to the Company's distribution system.
- Represents the Company at meetings with customers, contractors, governmental officials, consulting engineers, lawyers and other Company personnel regarding electric service and distribution, method of supply and feasibility to ensure compliance with Company procedures and specifications.
- Attend staff and team meetings and provide any necessary updates.
- Maintain all applicable records, and provide all necessary information to the Distribution team so that the company reporting requirements are met.
- Promote a positive work ethic in support of our Corporate Values and Mission, with a commitment to environmental excellence and safety in the workplace.
- Participate in the preparation and/or development of procedures with clear and well-organized documentation.
- Participate in the Company's emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in a Technical or Management field and 3 years work experience managing multiple projects through various project tasks or
- Associate's Degree preferably in a Technical or Management field and 5 years work experience managing multiple projects through various project tasks
Relevant Work Experience
- Must be well-organized, detail-oriented, and flexible to handle multiple assignments and deadlines. Required
- Must be proactive and flexible; a highly motivated, self-starter, with the ability to understand and deal with technical issues as well as assess customer and Company safety issues associated with distribution new installs. Required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required. Required
- Should be familiar with applicable State and Federal regulations. Required
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills. Required
- Must demonstrate a high energy level and promote a positive work ethic in support of our Company Values, especially The Way We Work. Required
- Must have the ability to effectively interact with customers, support staff, and various levels of management. Required
- Must have excellent analytical skills. Required
- Work experience conducting engineering projects, design, studies, and interconnections of various clean energy/new business projects. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.