Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Assists in the development and implementation of the Company's Investor Relations and Sustainability program.
- Assists in development of Talking Points for senior management based on anticipated questions from the financial community about Company strategy, operational performance, and sustainability efforts. Gathers and continually updates comprehensive, detailed material relating to the Company's financial, operations, strategies and sustainability practices.
- Interacts with and builds positive relationships with internal stakeholders and members of the financial community.
- Assists in preparation and distribution internally of published research reports on Con Edison from research analysts.
- Assists in maintaining the Company's Investor Relations and Sustainability websites. Gathers necessary information from internal organizations to keep the website content current and pertinent. Reviews and recommends innovative and creative alternatives and solutions that enhance the accessibility of information to website visitors.
- Prepares and distributes periodic reports to senior management and the Board of Directors on the Company's stock performance relative to peer companies and pertinent indices.
- Responsible for scheduling and coordinating meetings between senior management and members of the financial community.
- Assists in preparation of Environment, Social and Governance annual disclosures, including the annual Sustainability Report, working with internal stakeholders across the company to compile relevant information
- Assists in preparation of PowerPoint presentations for meetings with the financial community.
- Assists in preparing speeches for senior executives to deliver to the financial community.
- Assists in preparation of presentations to internal audiences, e.g. expanded staff meetings, on performance of Company's securities relative to peers and indexes, Wall Street sentiment, ESG matters, and other relevant and timely topics.
- Assists in coordinating the gathering of Company-wide responses to sustainability surveys.
- Participates from time to time in special projects for the Treasurer and the Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer.
- Must be organized and diligent when managing travel and meetings with senior management; able to handle scheduling changes related to travel and investor meetings.
- Conversant with laws and regulations from the Securities Exchange Commission and New York Stock Exchange concerning corporate governance and full financial disclosure, and ensure compliance.
- Stays abreast of developments in ESG reportings standards and related proxy proposals trends.
- Must strictly adhere to SEC Regulation FD rules regarding and any other such regulations governing the full disclosure of Company information to the public.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required by the department.
- Bachelor's Degree finance, accounting, economics, engineering, sustainability preferred. and 3 years relevant work experience
- Master's Degree finance, accounting, economics, engineering, sustainability preferred. and 2 years relevant work experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Must have demonstrated proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Required
- Must possess strong project management and analytical skills. Required
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a finance-related fields such as investor relations, investment banking, financial research, or financial communications; or 2 years of experience in a regulated utility or in the area of sustainability. Preferred
- Have experience in finance-type assignments and knowledge of financial statements of publicly-traded companies. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed
- Must be able and willing to travel domestically and internationally for investor conferences, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.