Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Integrate disparate processes and/or technologies at the OS level, by developing a -middle-layer-, usually in shell/Perl/Python
- Design and develop time-critical, dependable, automated processes involving SCADA & Linux, which will work reliably in a very demanding real-time environment.
- Good knowledge of Linux cmd-line with the ability to provide quick cmd-line solutions using existing Linux tools & utilities
- Create automation scripts to efficiently maintain CDMS application and infrastructure
- Leader in investigating and responding to cybersecurity events, designing system security, securing data transfers, installing and configuring cyber tools
- Ensure proper monitoring to detect infrastructure failures, application or database issues, and cybersecurity events.
- Strong network, infrastructure, and application knowledge to troubleshoot performance or application issues with root cause analysis
- Manage and participate in 24x7 off-hours standby coverage for support, as necessary, to respond to events and minimize system downtime.
- Write scripts using text processing skills to process and/or create reports on the fly using CSVs, HTML, JSON, YAML
- Create technical programmer-reference as well as user-documentation to explain processes/automation/issues/fixes and workarounds/etc.
- Bachelor's Degree Preferably in Computer Science, Math/Science, or Engineering and Minimum 3 years' experience Hands-on experience with SCADA applications and control systems; Programming and scripting on Linux Systems using perl,python or
- Associate's Degree Preferably in Computer Science, Math/Science, or Engineering and Minimum 5 years' experience Hands-on experience with SCADA applications and control systems; Programming and scripting on Linux Systems using perl,python or
- High School Diploma/GED and Minimum 7 years' experience Hands-on experience with SCADA applications and control systems; Programming and scripting on Linux Systems using perl,python
Relevant Work Experience
- Expertise with Linux Clusters, shared clustered file systems, disaster recovery and maintaining High availability operations at Server and Application level. Required
- Excellent problem-solving skills Required
- Experience with GE PowerOn Reliance SCADA Application Required
- Anticipate, identify and manage resolutions of critical obstacles. Required
- Knowledge of cyber security and NERC CIP regulations Preferred
- Knowledge and/or background in electronics/electrical engineering Preferred
- Ability to integrate disparate processes and/or technologies at the OS level Preferred
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and provide Root Cause Analysis Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Preferred
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.