Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Senior Specialist will help support initiatives to manage and enhance the electrification planning process. The Senior Specialist will also help coordinate with respective internal groups to continually improve various processes and tools associated with the interconnection process (including forecasting, planning, engineering, operations, and technology requirements.)
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to develop electrification planning processes to prioritize resources necessary to support electrification loads.
- Engage internal and external stakeholders to facilitate customer, regulatory bodies and other stakeholder inquiries and collaborations relating to electrification planning, operations, and technology development.
- Identify needs to optimize and improve process efficiencies and drive implementation of any related changes
- Support implementation of enhancements by identifying business needs from internal and external stakeholders
- Work with internal stakeholders to develop tangible electrification process maps to be implemented by functional groups.
- Develop related communications or recommendations associated with program, market, or technology changes
- Develop end-to-end data dashboards to increase visibility on customer experience and interconnection process.
- Participate in database design and architecture discussion. Evaluate existing database and recommend improvements for performance efficiency
- Develop collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders to maximize benefits to the Company.
- Interface with various Company groups to develop tools that streamline electrification planning (i.e., electrification head room tools)
- Work effectively and participate on cross-functional teams responsible for new department initiatives that may arise from time to time
- Provide problem solving and strategic support to the e-mobility team including in development of new EV programs or related to process improvement of current programs
- Represent the Company's interests to internal and external stakeholders as needed
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required
- Ensure that safe work practices are followed, and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- Bachelor's Degree and 3 years' work experience
- Bachelor's Degree engineering, business or sustainability disciplines and 3 years utility work experience with knowledge of the utility interconnection process including engineering, and construction.
Relevant Work Experience
- Strong communication, presentation, interpersonal, and writing skills. Required
- Ability to build positive relationships with colleagues who have a diverse set of experiences and approaches in order to drive business results. Required
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills, and the ability to see the big picture as well as attention to detail. Required
- Demonstrated ability to manage tense, complex, or technical customer issues in a calm, thorough, and professional manner. Required
- Demonstrated agility and flexibility to deal with ambiguity and comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. Required
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) Required
- Experience with new technologies, and innovative design. Preferred
- Experience with or knowledge of utility new business interconnection processes and operations. Preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of EV charging station interconnection procedures. Preferred
- 1-2 years project management experience at a utility in electric operations or engineering. Preferred
- Experience in planning, managing, coordinating, project implementation. Preferred
- Demonstrated experience analyzing information, both technical and financial, and making recommendations based on that information. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.