Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Technical Specialist will be responsible for ensuring the AMI equipment and applications are providing accurate data used for daily operation of the Company for billing applications, sensory monitoring and electric service visibility. This job responsibility includes management and oversight of production release testing across all AMI Applications, Vendor Selection and Management, and project status reporting.
- Manages a testing team through all phases of code and system functionality delivery across the AMI Architecture.
- Coordination of company and vendor resources to meet delivery deadlines, ensuring as aspects of the testing team and associated contract management are being managed, as well as conducting periodic status updates to program leadership regarding delivery status.
- Fundamental understanding of all aspects of software development, defect management, testing and release management as well as demonstrated functional expertise for leadership of technical teams.
- Ability to provide application support to business users with the Business Application (HES, MDMS, MAMS or ProField) and associated technologies used to support the Company's AMI Infrastructure.
- Work with business users to prepare testing requirements for system and product enhancements as well as major platform releases with the AMI Architecture
- Provide managerial oversight for testing vendors in support of production release activities across the AMI architecture.
- Support all release testing for AMI Business application through the application lifecycle
- Develop and maintain system requirements, and works to ensure core user functionality is included in the system design.
- Oversee the testing vendor RFP and selection process and manage the vendor contracts through project lifecycles.
- Conduct periodic meetings with key stakeholders and leadership regarding the testing process and delivery timelines
- Manage vendor relationships, technical interfaces and system functionality between Business Application and associated test equipment utilized by business organizations.
- Manage Business Application configuration and support the configuration management change process.
- Coordinate cross-application defect management and solution efforts to ensure business user requirements are achieved
- Develop recommendations for enhancements to Business Application configuration or performance based on business requirements.
- Develop and manage long term test cycle and vendor requirements for the AMI Architecture
- Perform other tasks as required for program and product release success.
- Clearly articulate technical issues and concepts to business users, application support and vendors.
- Develop and implement readiness plans for system functionality change and introduction.
- Develop test release and business validation plans in alignment with software release packages
- Develop, produce and analyze data reports necessary to drive business decisions and identify areas of performance and utility business improvement.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required for production release success.
- Bachelor's Degree and 8 years of work experience with experience with software release cycle management, development management, contract management and user engagement for business applications.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent technical degree and 6 years of work experience
Relevant Work Experience
- 5 years of experience working with or directly supporting AMI Applications or the business functions supported by AMI. Required
- 5 years experience and demonstrated knowledge in software planning and release management Required
- Expert knowledge in transaction management activities supporting critical business applications. Required
- 5 years experience managing large scale software releases including post-release defect management Required
- 5 years demonstrated experience with vendor selection and contract management Required
- Demonstrated experience with training and knowledge transfer to peers and subordinates. Required
- Experience in overseeing and directing cross-functional technical personnel in the daily management, technical development and execution of enhancement implementation for complex business applications. Required
- Demonstrated proficiency in using Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) Required
- Experience in technical documentation development preferred. Preferred
- Experience with Meter Data Management System or CCB functionality release development preferred. Preferred
- Experience working with users to develop system functionality and testing requirements preferred. Preferred
- Work experience with electric or gas metering and associated accounting processes preferred. Preferred
- Experience with providing internal or external stakeholders with application support. Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effectively coaches and delivers constructive feedback
- Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion
- Project Demonstrated project management skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Performs work independently with minimal supervision
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.