Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Con Edison, a multibillion-dollar energy utility, is leading the clean energy transition in New York City and Westchester County. We are investing hundreds of millions of dollars annually to integrate distributed resources into our electric and gas systems, support electric vehicle charging infrastructure, and scale adoption of energy efficiency and clean heating technologies across our customers.
- Build your clean energy career on one of the largest electric vehicle teams in the country! This is a great role to demonstrate your ability to drive results, apply cross-disciplinary skills to the clean energy space, collaborate closely with diverse teams, and gain firsthand experience with the clean energy transition and the EV charging market.
- The role is responsible for supporting the design, operations, administration, budget, marketing, performance analysis, reporting, process improvement, and customer and stakeholder engagement of Con Edison's light-duty electric vehicle (EV) programs. The Specialist is responsible for supporting overall implementation and performance of the program to achieve installation of electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE) infrastructure targets for the Company. The Specialist may support the program's processes, functions, internal program team, and any contractors responsible for program implementation.
- Support the development of a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers, Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE) developers, and technology providers, and build, maintain, and create new relationships.
- Support all operational aspects of the program including planning, organizing, coordinating, and managing resources needed to achieve EVSE infrastructure goals.
- Collaborate with other members of the E-Mobility team, as well as other internal departments including engineering organizations and Energy Services.
- Coordinate closely with the E-Mobility Business Development team to ensure exceptional customer service and optimal program performance.
- Support administrative aspects of the program including program design, customer enrollments, budget, and timely and accurate incentive payments and reporting.
- Monitor, analyze, and report on program performance.
- Collaborate with employees and/or contractors and facilitate ongoing development and training of these resources.
- Develop collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders to maximize benefits to the Company.
- Support the growth of the program through such activities as the development of innovative program design solutions.
- Support the development of and manage software used to administer and operate the program and oversee data management and quality control.
- Liaise with Department of Public Service Staff and represent the Company on various committees/interest groups pertaining to electric vehicle programs.
- Represent the Company at industry conferences and meetings with external stakeholders related to the development of EVSE projects.
- Ensure that safe work practices are followed, and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree and 3 years of work experience.
- Master's Degree MBA or Sustainability preferred.
Relevant Work Experience
- Strong communication, presentation, interpersonal, and writing skills.
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills, and the ability to see the big picture as well as attention to detail.
- Demonstrated flexibility to handle multiple assignments and deadlines.
- Demonstrated agility and flexibility to deal with ambiguity and comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project)
- Intellectual curiosity and enthusiasm for learning new skills.
- Demonstrated success in support of clean energy programs.
- Experience with or knowledge of electric vehicle technologies
- Demonstrated experience analyzing information, both technical and financial, and making recommendations based on that information.
- Public speaking experience and technical writing skills.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.