Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Provide technical support for the Steam Business Development team. This technical support shall be specialized in how existing/new customers use steam within their buildings. Assist where applicable, review all potential scenarios, and provide the Section Manager their recommendations.
- Build and maintain relationships with building owners, property managers, and consulting engineers.
- Accompany sales team/account managers on field visits to customers.
- Ability to explain technical systems and concepts at all levels, from customers with no knowledge of steam to chief engineers and sustainability managers.
- Serve as a technical expert at customer meetings and major NYC real estate trade shows.
- Review new customer connection feasibility and provide content for inclusion in new business proposals.
- Monitor and manage the status of new and existing steam customer projects through communication and collaboration with the Steam Engineering and Construction Groups.
- Develop specific reports in the customer relationship management system that manages and tracks customer activity, steam sales leads, opportunities proposals/offers, and steam sales agreements for new and existing customers.
- Project manage new service and modification requests.
- Support the development of steam sales goals, forecasts, and plans in conjunction with the Section Manager.
- Perform functions involved with bringing on new steam customers including opening and maintaining steam customer files, obtaining steam load letters from consulting engineers, calculating Pure Based Revenue (PBR) estimates, issuing Service Information Requests (SIRs), obtaining signed applications, deposits and rider payments from customers.
- Perform account management functions and schedule and attend monthly stakeholder meetings.
- Work to support the Steam Communications Manager in marketing as well as both internal and external customer communication campaigns.
- Develop and perform joint marketing initiatives such as trade shows and customer events with other departments to ensure steam is represented.
- Prepare materials for monthly or periodic meetings as requested by Upper Management.
- Present to Senior Con Edison Executives on Steam Services marketing and customer initiatives.
- Perform ongoing customer program enhancements to CRM to make it easier for customers to work with Steam Business Development.
- Conduct ongoing sales and marketing report CRM enhancements as market conditions change or require modification as required.
- Support new tasks and responsibilities to achieve the department's goals and objectives.
- Support steam operations during steam/company system emergencies.
- Bachelor's Degree and 7 years' in the construction/engineering of major mechanical projects for large buildings and/or developments or
- Master's Degree and 6 years' in the construction/engineering of major mechanical projects for large buildings and/or developments
Relevant Work Experience
- Proven track record of relationship building skills, be able to take charge and run multi-discipline and stakeholder meetings Required
- Exercise independent judgment and have excellent presentation skills Required
- Experience in face-to-face technical review meetings Required
- Understands and interprets mechanical and architectural drawings Required
- Ability to manage technical projects efficiently and effectively Required
- Experience in designing, constructing, commissioning, and/or operating building mechanical systems (heating, domestic hot water, cooling) Required
- Experience in conducting mechanical system comparative financial analyses Required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Required
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with personnel & customers on all levels. Required
- Knowledge of concepts, technical terms, and terminology of building energy systems, central utility systems or district steam systems equipment. Required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel Preferred
- Experience in presenting to large real estate key decision makers Preferred
- Experience selling energy or services of a technical nature Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Professional Engineer (PE) If candidate has no certification, they're expected at minimum to complete PE within 1 year of being hired. All candidates will continue training towards or maintain a PE while in position 1 Year Required
- Ability to respond to system emergencies
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to meet with customers on-site at their location.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.