Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- At O&R we all need to take special interest in our customers, both within the company and externally. As an employee, you need to commit to these ideals of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers and improve value for all our stakeholders.
- The Manager is responsible for managing the Company's energy efficiency and demand management programs and oversees the design, operations, administration, budget, marketing, performance analysis, reporting, process improvement, and customer and stakeholder engagement. The Manager is responsible for overall implementation and performance of the program(s) to achieve energy savings and demand reduction targets for the Company. The Manager may direct the program's processes, functions, internal program team, and/or contractor(s) responsible for the implementation of the program(s).
- Oversee operational aspects of energy efficiency and demand management programs, including planning, organizing, coordinating, and managing resources needed to achieve energy savings goals.
- Oversee administrative aspects of these programs including program design, customer enrollments, budget, and timely and accurate incentive payments and reporting.
- Monitor, analyze and report on program performance.
- Develop collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders to maximize benefits to the Company.
- Oversee the growth of the program(s) through such activities as marketing, training, and communications with customers and market partners and the development of innovative program design solutions.
- Speak publicly on behalf of energy efficiency and demand management initiatives.
- Manage software used to administer and operate the programs and oversee data management and quality control.
- Ensure exceptional customer service.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree BA/BS Engineering, Mathematics, Science, Energy Management, Business/Economics, or Related and 3 years of relevant work experience relevant experience in program management, project management or construction, preferably in Energy Efficiency
- Master's Degree MBA GTI, AEE CEM
- Master's Degree Engineering, Mathematics, Science, Energy Management, or Business/Economics
Relevant Work Experience
- A minimum of five years of work experience in leadership/ management roles Required
- Experience in the natural gas industry with specific knowledge related to gas resource planning, gas system planning, gas supply procurement, renewable heating equipment, and other energy consuming systems common to residential and commercial buildings. Required
- Sound logic and analytical skills Required
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills, and the ability to see the big picture as well as attention to detail Required
- Ability to make decisions in real-time, under pressure Required
- Flexibility to deal with ambiguity and comfortable working in a dynamic environment Required
- Experience with demand-side management programs and measures, from a utility or participating vendor perspective. Required
- Strong written and oral communications skills, including ability to interact with customers to market energy efficiency solutions and to brief higher management and external stakeholders on program status and achievements. Required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) Required
- Work experience in energy efficiency, demand management, demand response or other competitive, market driven utility programs, including project and process management experience Preferred
- Experience managing relationships with partners and contractors Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Other: AEE CEM certification is strongly suggested Preferred
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.