Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- This role will be on a hybrid work schedule.
- The Con Edison Law Department, Practice Operations department is implementing a Contracting Center of Excellence (CoE). The Contracts Manager will have a key role in developing the structure and daily operations of the CoE. The Contracts Manager will be responsible for preparing certain contracts and other documents, monitoring the contracts-related workflow of the Center of Excellence, supervising the work of and being a resource for the Contracts Administrator, and handling other tasks and assignments as needed for the Law Department's Center of Excellence. The Contracts Manager will also interact with internal and external clients. The Contracts Administrator will be responsible for supervising the staff of the CoE.
- Work closely with members of the Supply Chain Department, the Law Department's Commercial Transactions team and/or outside counsel as required to develop standardized contracts playbooks, forms, processes, and procedures, as well as develop recommendations for contracts playbook improvements and contract management best practices.
- Draft, review, negotiate and revise certain contracts and contract-related documents in accordance with a playbook and/or other Company policies such as agreements for the purchase of goods and/or services, real estate agreements and regulatory-related agreements.
- Supervise drafting, negotiation and revision of a wide variety of contracts by CoE staff and act as an escalation stakeholder and approver.
- Supervise the administration of certain contracting-related processes and tasks including vendor management, data entry, reporting and tracking of key data metrics.
- Exhibit leadership with respect to providing guidance, mentorship, career development and training to the CoE staff.
- Perform other tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 8 years of experience or
- Master's Degree and a minimum of 6 years of experience
- Juris Doctorate
- Master's Degree in Legal Studies
Relevant Work Experience
- Expertise in drafting and negotiating a wide variety of complex commercial agreements. Required and
- Experience developing and/or working with contract-related playbooks. Required and
- Experience managing team members and fostering a positive environment. Required and
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and leadership skills. Required and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively and handle internal and external customers professionally. Required and
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment. Required and
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint. Required and
- Ability to learn new software applications and databases. Required and
- Detail-oriented with excellent analytical skills. Required and
- Ability to efficiently handle multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities and deadlines. Required and
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information. Required and
- Ability to work effectively with employees at all levels. Required and
- Familiarity with Oracle E-Business Suite is preferred. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Preferred
- Other: Certification or degree in negotiations/contract administration. Preferred
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.