Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Con Edison, a multibillion-dollar energy utility, is leading the clean energy transition in New York City and Westchester County. We are investing hundreds of millions of dollars annually to integrate distributed resources into our electric and gas grids, support electric vehicle charging infrastructure, and scale adoption of energy efficiency and clean heating technologies across our customers.
- The Small and Medium Business (SMB) Energy Efficiency Program provides almost $50 million in incentives annually to help Con Edison's small commercial customers implement energy efficiency upgrades and electrify their heating (coned.com/smallbusiness). The program is currently undergoing some changes, including a shift to deeper and more complex energy efficiency measures, such as electrification and building envelope upgrades, as well as a renewed focus on marketing and outreach to ensure we are reaching all small commercial and nonprofit customers in our service territory. The SMB Deputy Program Manager will support the development and administration of all aspects of Con Edison's SMB Program. This includes processing invoices, reporting program performance, managing quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC), planning and implementing marketing initiatives, and coordinating with other internal teams such as engineering, evaluations, measurement and verification, IT, regulatory filings, program design, media relations, and strategic planning. Much of the program's day-to-day operations are delivered by a third-party Implementation Contractor (IC). This role will require daily coordination with the IC team.
- This role is on the front line of the clean energy transition and supports customers to make clean energy choices and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. This is a great role to demonstrate your ability to drive results and gain firsthand experience with the clean energy transition.
- Process program invoices and oversee financial and energy savings reporting
- Analyze program trends, forecasts, and growth
- Lead discussions/meetings and engage with internal teams, external entities, and stakeholders through research, design, development and implementation of program initiative
- Coordinate with engineering team to ensure accurate energy savings calculations
- Support the Program Manager with management of the Implementation Contractor, and other contractors, to help achieve success for specific programs and the Company
- Manage 1-2 staff augmentation contractors
- Interface between Company staff, the contracted vendor(s), NY utilities, external entities, and stakeholders to implement the Energy Efficiency Programs per Public Service Commission (PSC) guidelines
- Support the coordination of the marketing efforts through vendors and internal resources
- Represent the Department on program measure issues with NY Department of Public Service (DPS) Staff, governmental authorities, utilities, and other entities as needed
- Represent the program with external stakeholders and customers at local events and conferences, including speaking publicly on behalf of the Small and Medium Business Program and the broader Energy Efficiency Department
- Document, ensure compliance with, and continuously improve program processes
- Provide customer service support on escalated program issues
- Perform other related tasks and special assignments as required
- Bachelor's Degree and 3 years of work experience in leadership/management roles and/or engineering.
- Master's Degree and 2 to 3 years' experience in leadership / management roles and/or engineering
Relevant Work Experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint). Required
- Excellent written communication skills, including ability to write for different audiences (contractors, customers, marketing materials, internal communications). Required
- Excellent oral and presentation skills. Required
- Comfortable with public speaking. Required
- Ability to interact with all levels of management. Required
- Comfortable with complex analyses in Microsoft Excel. Required
- Proven problem-solving skills and the ability to identify, analyze and resolve process and customer service related issues. Required
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to build a consensus through collaboration with various stakeholders. Required
- Understand fundamentals of energy modeling, analytics and reporting. Required
- Demonstrated flexibility to handle multiple assignments and deadlines. Required
- Experience or knowledge in energy efficiency and heating electrification technologies Preferred
- Demonstrated experience analyzing technical information. Preferred
- Utility, deregulated energy efficiency or sustainability experience. Preferred
- Experience in program planning and administration, project management. Preferred
- Experience in planning, managing, coordinating, reviewing and processing budgets and invoices. Preferred
- Ability to learn new database systems such as Oracle EBS, Hyperion Planning, business intelligence, work management and CRM systems. Preferred
- Certification, experience or training in Salesforce. Preferred
- Customer service and/or community outreach or organizing experience. Preferred
- Experience managing projects and/or design teams. Preferred
- Experience working in a regulated environment preferred, familiarity with the NY Public Service Commission relating to Energy Efficiency and Demand Response desirable. Preferred
- Fluency in one or more language(s) commonly spoken in NYC, besides English. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Sit or stand to answer a phone for the duration of the workday
- Sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for the duration of the workday
- Possess manual dexterity and the ability to use hands for the duration of the workday
- Stand to use/operate office equipment for the duration of the workday
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.