Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- With some general guidance /limited supervision, will perform the forecasting and contingency analysis as part of the annual load forecasting, contingency studies and NWA analysis.
- Will work closely with Utility of Future to support NY/NJ clean energy goals and long-term corporate strategies, including the Long-Range Plan (LRP), Climate Resiliency plans/strategy, Non-Wires Alternatives (NWA), Electric Vehicle (EV) studies/projects, and Earning Adjusted Mechanisms (EAM) to ensure they are aligned with state goals.
- With some general guidance /limited supervision, will identify projects for the electric delivery system ten-year capital infrastructure requirements for the Engineering and Electric Operations capital budgets. This includes projects that support system reliability and enable the clean energy future.
- With some general guidance /limited supervision, will conceptually design and support the T&D capital budget system improvement projects including the development of project white papers, cost/benefit analyses and project justifications.
- With some general guidance /limited supervision, will provide Distribution load flow program utilization and support, including area studies, modeling and analysis, circuit voltage profiles and contingency switching analysis, loss studies, distribution circuit reconfigurations, and system administration on an as needed basis.
- With some general guidance /limited supervision, will provide Operations support functions, including circuit fuse coordination studies, motor start calculations, capacitor and voltage regulator location and setting recommendations, substation transformer fixed tap and LTC settings, New Business responses, and Division Engineer assistance in investigating circuit area voltage problems/complaints.
- With some general guidance/limited supervision, will review interconnection studies and develop distribution interconnection estimates, attend DER meetings, and provide planning support for these projects.
- With some general guidance/limited supervision, performs steady-state power flow analysis, voltage stability analysis, transfer analysis and other power system analyses to assess the company's transmission system compliance with its Planning Criteria and with related North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) and Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) Standards.
- With some general guidance/limited supervision, performs transmission system planning studies as well as regional system planning cases as required by the New York Independent System Operator (NYISO), Pennsylvania Jersey Maryland Interconnection, LLC (PJM), Northeast Power Coordinating Council (NPCC) and Reliability First Corporation (RFC).
- Supports writing and production of engineering procedure guides, reports and presentations to summarize and document technical analysis.
- With some general guidance/limited supervision, will develop improvements to prepare the system for summer. Will coordinate the summer preparation/summer team process by developing and tracking tasks during weekly meetings. Will conduct daily calls during heat events.
- Attends annual meetings with the Distribution Control Center and Electric Operations to review the Distribution Summer Operating study which includes revised circuit configurations, forecasted peak loadings and recommended contingency plans.
- Keeps informed of the industry and keeps up-to-date with the latest developments in the Engineering field through webinars, industry conferences, stakeholder meetings and technical committees as applicable.
- Participates in the Company's emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
- Performs other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree (BS) in Engineering is required. and 2 years applicable engineering work experience.
- Bachelor's Degree (BS) in Electrical Engineering is preferred
Relevant Work Experience
- Associate Engineer must have a minimum of 2 years of work experience with electric power systems; familiarity with system planning or engineering design is preferred. Required
- Well organized, detail-oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments and deadlines. Required
- Capable of independent work which includes the ability to understand planning concepts and electric system analysis. Required
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills, and have the ability to effectively interact with customers, support staff, and various levels of management. Required
- Have strong analytical, technical and interpersonal skills. Required
- Demonstrates leadership skills and the ability to work on teams and cross-functional projects. Required
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.