Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Serve as the primary compliance contact for Engineering and ensure timely and complete compliance reporting. Responsible for working collaboratively with various subject matter experts (SMEs) to support procedure and process development for NERC standards.
- Responsible for document development, including NERC Reliability Standards Audit Worksheets (RSAWs), and providing evidence for internal assessments and external engagements such as audits, certifications and spot-checks.
- Participates in bi-weekly CEO Certification meetings and develops/updates procedure(s) and/or evidence as necessary.
- Provides input on scoping for Compliance Monitoring Engagements of the applicable NERC standards and requirements.
- Coordinates with Compliance Manager and compliance staff for all standards comments, questionnaires and reporting due dates. Coordinates preparation and participates in Self Certifications, Self-Reports, Spot Checks, Periodic Data Submittals, onsite and off-site audits.
- Keeps informed of the industry and keeps up to-date with the latest developments in the Compliance and Regulatory Standards. Participate in the Company's Emergency Response Plan through a designated storm assignment.
- Attends departmental meetings and participates on various teams and committees as required. Performs other related Company assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering and 7 years Minimum three years of experience in regulatory compliance.
- Bachelor's Degree BSEE or BSME and Preferred experience includes activities specific to NERC compliance. Electric utility background preferred.
Relevant Work Experience
- Minimum of 3 years work experience related to compliance in a regulated utility. Required
- Knowledge of NERC Reliability Standards, NPCC Directories and/or utility regulatory compliance. Required
- Must possess a good understanding of electrical theory. Required
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills. Required
- Must demonstrate a high energy level and promote a positive work ethic in support of our Company Values, especially the Way We Work. Required
- Polished and effective presentation skills to deliver information, training, and status to varying audiences. Required
- Understanding of system operations and electric system work practices preferred. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.