Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Effectively manage the Steam Services Communications section to deliver crisp, clear, and coordinated messaging to external and internal key stakeholders.
- Provide presentation and executive meeting support for all Band 4 managers within Steam Operations. This may include but not be limited to meetings with the CEO/President, Operational Review meetings, Monthly VP meetings, and Periodic SVP meetings.
- Manage, plan, oversee and effectively execute large events for Steam Operations. This may include but not be limited to Expanded Staff meetings, Monthly Customer Seminars, the Annual Spring/Fall Seminar, conferences, and trade shows.
- Establish annual Communications goals and metrics. Ensure that these items are monitored throughout the year and completed by the applicable due dates.
- Commit to the ideals of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers and improve value for all our stakeholders.
- Manage the external Steam website. Ensure that all content is relevant, all links provided are functional, and all content continues to support the overall mission and vision of Steam Services.
- Work with the Steam Business Development team to develop any needed marketing materials in support of new business acquisition efforts.
- Develop content for and maintain the Steam Services SharePoint site
- Manage all assigned events from start to finish, including leading planning meetings, developing presentation materials and talking points, drafting internal emails and intranet articles, liaising with the Steam Ops team and coordinating with other internal or external team members on projects and events, as needed.
- Apply project management skills to track deadlines and deliverables to ensure timely delivery.
- Develop and deliver well organized presentations.
- Continually measure the effectiveness of communications channels and activities and seek ways to improve and innovate.
- Maintain the Steam Ops Communications rotating calendar. Ensure that all tasks listed are completed in a timely manner. Make applicable calendar updates as tasks are added or removed from the position.
- Be available for emergency duties as per the pre-established rotating schedule.
- Coordinate all internal steam nominations for corporate teams and employee recognition programs.
- Bachelor's Degree and 4 years of applicable experience or
- Associate's Degree and 6 years of applicable experience or
- High School Diploma/GED 8 years of applicable experience
- Bachelor's Degree in communications, journalism, marketing, public relations, or related field and 4 years of applicable experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Professional communications management experience. Must have experience developing communications for print and digital, including reports, presentations, websites, newsletters, communications campaigns, etc. Required
- Should also have a sharp eye for detail, the ability to juggle multiple projects, plan and manage deadlines, and work both independently and with teams. Required
- Must possess strong oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal/collaboration skills. Required
- Must have excellent customer service skills and a proven track record of working with internal and external customers. Required
- Innovative, creative, curious mindset, willing to learn and champion new media and channels Required
- Proficiency in MS products; strong PowerPoint and Excel skills Required
- SharePoint experience Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for the duration of the workday
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.