Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Lead a Project Team in the planning and implementation of all activities for the successful design, procurement, construction, commissioning and turnover of major projects and programs in Substation Operations capital portfolio as well as interconnection projects and work for other organizations.
- Oversee all financial (budgets, appropriations, current working estimates, etc.) and scheduling aspects of the project.
- Ensures that the proper and timely permits and licenses are obtained and construction and commissioning activities are properly conducted.
- Establishes effective lines of communication among departments, such as, Engineering, Law, Real Estate, Public Affairs, Supply Chain, Construction, Operations, Protective Systems Testing, System Operations, Transmission and Electric Operations to ensure proficient and timely dissemination of significant project data and to ensure timely completion.
- Act as a liaison for all regulatory and public officials during project implementation, and address community concerns associated with the project.
- Writing technical reports and conducting technical presentations to all levels of management
- Ensure human performance improvement tools are integrated in the planning and execution of projects to ensure safe and efficient operations.
- Must be committed to fostering a Zero Accident Culture, Diversity and Inclusion, Achieving Operational Excellence, developing an effective Cost Management Culture and Enhancing the Customers Experience.
- Must be committed to the Way We Work Principles, and adherence to the Company's Standards of Business Conduct and other Company procedures including Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S).
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree and 8+ years' experience in the construction/engineering of major electrical, civil, and mechanical projects or
- Master's Degree and 6 years experience in the construction/engineering of major electrical, civil, and mechanical projects
Relevant Work Experience
- Proven track record of relationship building skills, be able to take charge and run multi-discipline and stakeholder meetings Required
- Exercise independent judgment and have excellent presentation skills Required
- Quick-learner and be able to ''think on his/her feet.'' Required
- Experience with or the ability to learn in depth knowledge of codes, standards, procedures and specifications Required
- Strong leadership skills and supervisory experience Required
- Possess strong negotiating skills and an understanding of construction contract issues Required
- Exposure to the public in forums such as town meetings Preferred
- Familiarity with scheduling software such as Microsoft Project or Primavera P6. Preferred
- Experience in the areas of operations and maintenance of distribution and transmission facilities Preferred
- Construction experience including experience working on large multi-million dollar construction projects Preferred
- Familiarity with MAXIMO Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) CPM and/or PMP certification; If candidate has no certification, they're expected at minimum to complete CPM within 1 year of being hired. All candidates will continue training towards or maintain a CPM or PMP certificate while in position 1 Year Preferred
- Ability to respond to system emergencies
- Able to work in all weather conditions, i.e. excessive heat and/or cold
- Perform extended driving through heavy traffic and severe off-road conditions
- Ability to carry tools and materials when climbing ladders and scaffolds, and entering confined spaces
- Work in, under, and on top of all types of company vehicles and/or equipment
- Ability to work in adverse conditions that include, noise, confined spaces, and high elevations
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs
- Ability to work on elevated platforms, scaffolds, catwalks, roofs, and/or other equipment
- Perform work in underground vaults through manholes
- Ability to work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
- Ability to work with, and in, the vicinity of high voltage and/or other high-energy systems
- Ability to climb in and out of manholes and excavations
- Stand, walk, and climb ladders and stairs for the duration of the workday
- Stand, walk, lift, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, and/or reach for the duration of the workday
- Ability to travel to company locations to work on storm restoration and heat contingencies
- Wear necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), i.e. fire-retardant clothing and safety harnesses
- Use personal vehicle(s), and be able to transport, store, and secure company laptops and other job-related equipment in vehicle. Acknowledge that reimbursement for use of personal vehicle is available through the company mileage procedure
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able to travel to various work locations within the five boroughs and Westchester County.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.