Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- WHO WE ARE:
- At Con Edison, we celebrate a long and proud history of energizing the most vibrant region in the country. We provide safe and reliable energy to our customers while protecting the environment and fostering a more diverse and inclusive workforce. No matter heat waves or cold snaps, we are here to provide the level of service our customers deserve and expects. So, come join our team and help us build a brighter future.
- WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Come be a part of our Computer Operations team, responsible for the reliability of the Energy Management System (EMS) and other critical ancillary systems, where you will have the opportunity to learn and grow in a thriving industry. Innovation is key to staying ahead of the curve. You will have the opportunity to be part of a culture where innovative ideas are welcomed that allows professional and personal growth.
- CORE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure the daily support and maintenance of the EMS system by performing updates to the database and display, and support ancillary systems such as data historian and generation dispatch system.
- Take a lead role in updating, monitoring and maintaining power system modeling, state estimator, contingency analysis and power flow analysis supporting real-time operations.
- Take lead role in the testing and implementation of customize enhancements and fixes as provided by the vendor.
- Troubleshoot and identify resolutions to problems, be on-call for off-hours urgent issues.
- Coordinate with other teams and use available tools to resolve telemetry issues
- Take the lead in maintaining ancillary systems and applications such as: data historian tool (OSI PI), Inter-Control Center Communications Protocol (ICCP) data, Generation Dispatch and Control (GDC).
- Take lead role in managing Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) Energy Management Solutions and other system upgrade projects.
- Enforce the Department's change management process related to changes in accordance with regulatory and departmental procedures, guidelines and processes to ensure their compliance to applicable standards. Ensure the timing of the changes does not jeopardize the availability and reliability of the systems.
- Promote best practices and use of cybersecurity tools to ensure compliance with NERC CIP regulatory requirements and FERC Standards of Conduct requirements.
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field and 2 years' relevant experience or
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field and 3 years' relevant experience. or
- Associate's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field and 5 years' relevant experience. or
- High School Diploma/GED and 7 years' relevant experience.
Relevant Work Experience
- Practical experience in the application support and maintenance of real-time operational technology (OT) critical systems. Required
- In-depth knowledge of Remote Terminal Unit (RTU) and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems. Required
- In-depth knowledge of computer programming, relational databases, scripting in LINUX, VI Editor and Shell. Required
- Experience creating and maintaining EMS graphical displays and database update using front-end user interface (UI). Required
- Knowledge of Oracle database and writing SQL queries Required
- Knowledgeable in power system modeling, state estimator, contingency analysis and power flow analysis supporting real-time operations. Required
- Demonstrates ability to both identify opportunities to improve efficiencies through process improvement and the use of relevant technology for automation of manual processes. Required
- Ability to prioritize and execute task with efficiency and agility, lead projects initiatives and exercise disciplined and mature decision making appropriate for critical operations environments. Required
- Experience working data historian applications such as Plant Information (PI) Preferred
- Familiarity with General Electric Realtime applications, or similar applications Preferred
- Experience with PSS/E suite. Preferred
- Experience working in a regulated cybersecurity environment Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.