Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Con Edison, a multibillion-dollar energy utility, is leading the clean energy transition in New York City and Westchester County. We invest hundreds of millions of dollars annually to integrate distributed resources into our electric and gas systems, support electric vehicle charging infrastructure, and scale adoption of energy efficiency and clean heating technologies across our customers.
- The Project Lead, Distributed Energy Resource Management Systems (DERMS) will support the Project Management team in the development and deployment of the DERMS platform. The Project Lead will also support user engagement, Business Process Design/Mapping, and change management practices to drive adoption of the DERMS platform. The candidate will also author test plans and user acceptance criteria as the platform is deployed. The Project Lead demonstrates a high regard for personal accountability and the ability to deliver comprehensive analysis of programs and products that drive business performance. The candidate will create and facilitate a structured process to implement various department process improvements and change management initiatives, including the design, preparation, and delivery of educational aids and training materials.
- Create actionable deliverable for the five change management levers: communication plan, sponsor roadmap, coaching plan, training plan, resistance management plan.
- This is a great role to demonstrate your ability to drive results, demonstrate application of cross-disciplinary skills to the clean energy space and gain firsthand experience with the clean energy transition.
- The Project Lead, Distributed Energy Resource Management Systems (DERMS) will support the Project Management team in the development and deployment of the DERMS platform. The Project Lead will participate in the RFP drafting, contractor and software selection, and ad-hoc reporting of the DERMS project. The Project Lead will meet with key vendors and internal stakeholders.
- Research, present, and promote the use of new technologies for training, business processes, and for enhancing our customer's experience. Focus on ways to revise existing training using updated tools/techniques and technologies for increased employee engagement & knowledge retention.
- Interact with internal and external stakeholders and customers to implement data requirements
- Prepare presentations and become a subject matter expert in critical DER initiatives and provide high level summaries as needed
- Develop and utilize reporting parameters to measure performance and proficiency of change management products.
- Conduct periodic surveys, focus groups, and audits for system and process initiatives.
- Identify deficiencies in system functions, regional workarounds and recognize best practices. Strategise with peer groups to develop and deliver corrective actions.
- Manage stakeholders, track and report issues and evaluate and ensure user readiness.
- Communicate insights from analytics to business users and decision makers.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Ensure implementation of "Company safety, health and environmental programs for employees whose work is directed. Ensure that safe work practices are followed and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- Commitment to Operational Excellence Guiding Principles, and adherence to the Company's Standards of Business Conduct and other Company procedures including Environmental, Health and Safety ("EH&S"), Equal Employment Opportunity ("EEO"), Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and security.
- High School Diploma/GED and 7 years relevant experience. Distributed Energy Services, Customer, Regional, or Distribution Engineering practices or
- Associate's Degree and 5 years of work related experience Distributed Energy Services, Customer, Regional, or Distribution Engineering work practices or
- Bachelor's Degree and 3 years of work related experience Distributed Energy Services, Customer, Regional, or Distribution Engineering work practices
- Master's Degree preferably in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or related quantitative field and 4 years related work experience in a system engineering/analysis area.
Relevant Work Experience
- Project Management experience Required
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) are required. Public speaking and presentation experience and skills a plus. Required
- Experience producing formal documentation. Required
- Experience with the application or design of standards and specification. Required
- Self-sufficient person who can work collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams. Required
- Experience with the procurement of equipment and contractor resources. Preferred
- Knowledge of various Company computer applications such as CPMS, CIS, STAR, Work Management System, Tableau/PowerBI and eGIS. Preferred
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills with the ability to interpret complex data. Preferred
- Familiarity with renewable technology and Distributed Energy Resources. Preferred
- Experience in the utility and/or energy industry a plus. Preferred
- Data visualization and communication skills and experience including with Oracle, SQL, PowerBI & Tableau Preferred
- Experience using Azure Dev Ops and Agile development methodologies to streamline workflows. Preferred
- Demonstrated experience working in interdisciplinary teams managing change, analytical thinking, strategic planning and organizational skills Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Develops and delivers effective presentations
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills
- Promotes information sharing
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Proactively approaches responsibilities
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be able to participate in the Company's emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.