Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Department Manger of Customer Outreach plans and directs communications activities for customers that advise them of their rights and responsibilities and educates them about the programs and services that are available to them as Con Edison customers so that they can use energy safely and wisely and make informed choices In the energy marketplace.
- Develop and implement department goals and objectives.
- Prepare and monitor department budget and recommend rate case initiatives to support Outreach mission, goals and objectives.
- Design, develop and implement uniform, consistent and media-varied message campaigns that inform and educate customers about Customer Operations programs of broad customer impact.
- Design, develop and implement uniform, consistent and media-varied message campaigns that inform and educate Customer Operations and/ or all Company employees about special programs related to customers and Customer Operations.
- Review and revise print brochures that describe Customer Operations programs and services for customers.
- Ensure appropriate resource deployment for and during emergency customer care events in compliance with Corporate and Customer Operations policies, practices and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with regulations related to customer outreach and education.
- Prepare required regulatory filings.
- Lead cross functional efforts to enhance the customer experience.
- Lead departmental efforts related to diversity and inclusion including leadership of the Customer Operations D&I Council and development of training and events.
- Ensure Customer Operations management employees are informed and educated about Outreach initiatives and new programs.
- Ensures implementation of Company Safety, health and environmental programs for employees whose work is directed. Ensure safe work practices are followed and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- Maintain open communication and teamwork with other departments to ensure optimal levels of customer ser vice and organizational effectiveness.
- Establish and maintain alliances with stakeholders in community based organizations within the five boroughs and Westchester County and with stakeholders in regulatory agencies.
- Publish communications/ outreach and education plans and associated evaluations and assessments of these activities as required by the Public Service Commission.
- Ensure department compliance with the code of conduct, security, substance abuse programs, EEO and EHS
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And 12 years of related work experience Experience working in communications, community relations, not-for-profit management, government or a related field. Or
- Master's Degree And 10 years of related work experience Experience working in communications, community relations, not-for-profit management, government or a related field.
Required Work Experience
- Experience in providing customer care or client services Required
- Demonstrated experience in project management Required
- Must be strategic and able to develop company visions Required
- Demonstrated success at developing strategic partnerships Required
- Demonstrated success at building strategies to enhance and expand customer experience and engagement. Required
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills necessary to successfully interface with and influence executives, customers, business partners, regulators, public officials and other external stakeholders. Req
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Travel as necessary
- Ability to respond to emergencies during off-hours
- Ability to work at field locations.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.