Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Energy Markets Policy Group is looking to hire a highly motivated individual to join its team. The Project Manager is responsible for contributing to and advancing the Company's strategic objectives by informing employees of energy issues and developing effective Company policy positions by working with internal and external experts. In addition, the position includes developing and implementing advocacy strategies with regulators and stakeholders, including other utilities, in line with the Company's objectives. Core responsibilities include developing working relationships with stakeholders, working through regulatory processes and focusing on development and execution of regulatory strategy for the Company.
- The ideal candidate for this dynamic position must have knowledge of the Northeast competitive energy markets and/or electric transmission planning, and regulated utility business. Knowledge of the wholesale energy sphere, including familiarity with electric and natural gas markets, electric transmission and/or natural gas pipeline operations, utility regulations and rate design, as well as electric bulk power systems, federal reliability and cybersecurity policy, the New York Independent System Operator and general federal energy policy issues, including Federal Energy Regulatory Commission priorities and processes, is required.
- The candidate must also be high energy, understand the vital importance of Commitment to Excellence and possess a high regard for Con Edison's Corporate Values and Mission.
- If you are interested in applying for this position, please be sure to clearly and concisely communicate your qualifications and work experience on your electronic application. It is your responsibility to demonstrate that you are the right candidate for the position by specifically addressing each of the core qualifications listed in the job posting.
- Monitor and evaluate developments in the Northeast wholesale gas and electric markets and federal energy policy issues to determine their impact on the Company's energy services, the power system, wholesale energy market performance and customers.
- Prepare written position papers and comments on these issues that will support implementation of policies that promote Company objectives, while taking into account energy and environmental concerns and customer interests/impacts.
- Participate in New York Independent System Operator working groups, natural gas industry stakeholder groups, and, at times, New York Public Services Commission and National Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) working groups to effectively advocate Company positions as well as to identify issues that could affect the company and its customers.
- Work with internal organizations to facilitate/implement changes to business and business processes, as appropriate, to address new policy directions and/or wholesale energy market rules. Also guide other employees in the department in these matters.
- Represent Company at market participant meetings, national association committee meetings and working group meetings to effectively advocate Company positions.
- Prepare analyses, presentations, written reports and supporting materials.
- Write articles for industry publications to advocate Company positions locally, regionally and/or nationally.
- Bachelor's Degree Degrees in Engineering, Business, Economics or a related field preferred. And At least 8 years Relevant work experience in the utility or energy industry
- Master's Degree Degrees in Engineering, Business, Economics, Finance, Policy, or a related field preferred. And At least 6 years Relevant work experience in the utility or energy industry
Required Work Experience
- Knowledge of the Northeast competitive energy markets and regulated utility business Required
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational, and computer skills Required
- Strong analytical skills to conduct technical and financial analyses and prepare energy research reports. Required
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with various levels of management and representatives of outside organizations Required
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to read and summarize lengthy documents. Required
- Experience with wholesale energy markets or knowledge of Federal Energy Regulatory Commission priorities and processes is also required. Required
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and render sound business decisions. Required
- Must be well-organized, detail oriented, flexible and able to handle multiple assignments while meeting deadlines. Req
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be able to travel between New York City and Albany on a regular basis. Other travel may also be required.
- May be required to carry handouts, laptop computer, etc. to meetings.
- Must be able to participate in the Company's emergency processes and storm plans as required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.