Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Lead the delivery of Con Edison's advertising & paid media programs, helping to drive external positioning in the marketplace and education/engagement with customers and constituents.
- Serve as primary liaison with key external stakeholders, including the cohort of agencies (digital, media, creative) supporting the development, placement and measurement efforts; work to ensure high quality and on-time delivery of all assets.
- Serve as primary liaison with key internal stakeholders, including business leaders and contacts that will be leveraging advertising programs; work to ensure commitments and clarity on all deliverables.
- Oversee Con Edison social media practice, along with the Social Media Manager, developing organic and paid initiatives, working closely with the media relations team.
- Function as primary advertising program coordinator, coordinating all necessary meetings, and leading the development and dissemination of relevant communications, project updates, and status reports; oversee the enhancement and continual population of an advertising calendar.
- Lead the periodic development and presentation of executive summaries that outline key metrics, engagement, highlighting impact and informing media investment planning.
- Proactively explore campaign enhancements, considering more innovative (channel, creative, structural) approaches to elevate engagement levels with customers.
- Actively scan the external environment for news, trends, opportunities, and risks - maintain an ongoing understanding of Con Edison's positioning and perception with customers to inform decision making.
- Continually pursue internal promotional opportunities to raise awareness and adoption of the campaign, extending applications into new channels and audiences.
- Oversee all elements of the advertising budget, providing updates with clarity and cadence to marketing leadership.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum 8 years of work experience, with 6+ years in progressive roles in advertising, marketing, brand strategy and activation, communications, consulting, operations and/or program management.
Required Work Experience
- Relevant professional services training and development Required
- Management skills:
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership and accountability, resourcefulness, tenacious follow-through, detail-oriented and creative problem-solver
- Energetic, enthusiastic, flexible, persuasive and proactive attitude with strong influencing skills
- Experience working with senior partners/leadership, diverse teams, senior clients and their teams across a matrixed organization
- Demonstrated experience working with cross-cultural teams; strong appreciation for cultural differences and ability to adapt approaches as required
- Proven ability to work and maintain composure in a fast-paced, high-volume, and often deadline driven environment, with a practical and pragmatic approach to delivery
- Strong collaboration skills; team-oriented with ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Self-starter who can work in a virtual environment
- Technical Skills:
- Strong digital strategy skills - campaign measurement and analytics; advertising program design; ability to analyze campaign performance and conversion
- Strong project management, time management, and organizational skills
- Strategic and critical thinking capability - with a view to being able to connect the dots, spot and shape opportunities and think ahead
- Strong research and analytical skills - confidence in providing insights and recommendations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills - particularly on PowerPoint, Excel and Teams - with the ability to create high quality and impactful deliverables Req
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.