Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Supervises Splicers, Mechanics and subordinate titled personnel in the physical installation, maintenance, repair and inspection of underground conductors, services, meters, transformers, protectors and associated network equipment of the electrical distribution system.
- Ensures that direct reports work in a safe and efficient manner and in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Certifies, accounts for and approves expenditures for labor, material supplies and equipment within prescribed limits.
- Assigns, coordinates and manages personnel to achieve maximum efficiency. Monitors and supports crew activities and ensures that all required reporting and documentation are completed correctly and in a timely fashion.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And with two (2) years of relevant work experience Performing work on and/or providing oversight for personnel responsible for maintenance, repair and replacement of equipment similar to electrical conductors, meters, transformers and associated equipment Or
- High School Diploma/GED And with five (5) years of relevant work experience Performing work on and/or providing oversight for personnel responsible for maintenance, repair and replacement of equipment similar to electrical conductors, meters, transformers and associated equipment
Required Work Experience
- Strong interpersonal skills Pref And
- Ability to effectively interact with customers and provide exemplary customer service Pref And
- Strong oral and written communication skills Pref And
- Detail Oriented Pref And
- Flexible to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines Pref And
- Render sound business decisions using analytical and technical skills Pref And
- Demonstrate leadership skills to implement and champion change to enhance productivity, promote diversity and inclusion, and create a zero harm safety culture Pref And
- Familiar with Corporate safety and environmental procedures and policies on employee relations.
- Pref And
- Proficient in Computer operations including Windows and Microsoft applications.
- Pref And
- Experience with various applications such as Logica, Net RMS and Byers is preferred. Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: NYCDEP Asbestos Certificate Preferred
- Must respond to system emergencies
- Must work at field locations in all weather conditions
- Must perform extended driving through heavy traffic and severe off-road conditions
- Must work in an environment that includes heat, noise, confined spaces, and high elevations
- Must climb ladders and stairs
- Must enter underground vaults through manholes
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
- Must work with and in the vicinity of high voltage and/or other high-energy systems
- Must be clean shaven and approved to wear a 1/2 face or full face respirator
- Must climb in and out of manholes and excavations
- Must stand, walk, and climb ladder and stairs for a whole shift
- Must travel to company locations to work on storm restoration and heat contingencies
- Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness
- Must work rotating shifts, including nights, midnights, weekends, and holidays
- Must work with equipment with manufacturer weight rating of 350 llbs.
- Must work with equipment with manufacturer weight rating of 375 llbs.
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.