Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The System Specialist is responsible for leading system development and vendor implementation efforts, from project initiation through post implementation support. This role will initiate the efforts, lead internal IT and cross-functional teams as required, engage vendors and company stakeholders, and monitor and control all project activity throughout the project life-cycle. This individual will have management responsibility over several IT employees and contractors. This individual will act as the liaison between product owners, architects, development team members, trainers, testers, and analysts to build and maintain enterprise-level software solutions. This individual will also be responsible for working on all aspects of new applications development as well as vendor systems implementations: Planning, Requirements Gathering, Business Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Quality Assurance, Training, Implementation, and on-ongoing Technical Support. This individual will work on the on-going enhancement and technical support of the existing IT application portfolio in Business Systems Delivery. This individual will also work on day-to-day IT administrative tasks, problem solving, and issues resolution.
- Project Role: Leads projects of moderate complexity, identifies business opportunities and creates a project plan to meet strategic objectives and outcomes. Prepares budget and tracks costs.
- Portfolio Scope: Lead analyst for one or more technology products, subsystems of major enterprise applications or medium sized department portfolios. Plans multi-year outlook/roadmap for assigned portfolio. Manages and prioritizes customer requests (demand management). Analyzes business requirements and presents solution options to business needs. Provides expertise and delivers value beyond immediate initiative goals.
- Deliverables: Design documents, deliver subsystems, develop project plans for medium complexity projects, and develop business case including value analysis. Develop applications.
- Business Relationships and Management: Coaches and influences business managers in technology decisions. Engage with internal and external partners regularly to overcome blockers and develop efficient and widely usable products. Understands and anticipates the needs and requirements of business partners. Prepares and conducts regular status updates on moderate sized projects.
- Vendor Management: Effectively develop, manage, and strengthen vendor relationships to align vendor products and services with business and IT objectives
- Decision Making: Provides guidance and develops alternatives and recommendations. Gains support for recommendations.
- People Leadership: Manages employees and contractors. Provides regular development feedback. Lead IT team and work with cross-functional teams to achieve all project goals. Coach and technically train new team members.
- Operations: Manages incidents including timely and relevant communication. Triage problems, remediate, analyze root cause, and implement incident prevention using techniques such as Human Performance Improvement
- Performance Improvement: Leads significant portion of IT process improvement teams. Ability to analyze, discover, and recommend opportunities for systems or process improvements
- Communications and Change Management: Communicates effectively across multiple stakeholder groups to influence project outcomes and steer towards enterprise goals. Proactively engages leadership at the manager and general manager levels. Partners on delivering successes and managing challenges early. Solicits and implements feedback. Manages change proactively.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Master's Degree with a minimum of three (3) years relevant experience; Or
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of four (4) years relevant experience; Or
- Associate's Degree with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience; Or
- High School Diploma/GED Technical Certification in IT Technologies And a minimum of 7 years work experience in relevant field required
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Math, Business, or applicable degree
- Associate's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Math, Business, or applicable degree
Required Work Experience
- Strong skills and experience with the MS Office suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project required. Required
- Experience developing applications and/or databases. Required
- Must be able to plan, organize and lead meetings. Must be able to translate functional to technical information. Must be able to develop documentation that will be consumed by users of diverse backgrounds and skills. Required
- Must have excellent work ethics and integrity. Required
- Must have ability to learn new technology as required for the job using documentation and other available resources. Required
- Flexibility to work on multiple assignments with changing priorities and stay on schedule/on budget. Required
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative team environment. Required
- Formal training in Project Management is a plus Preferred
- Formal Project Management and/or Business Analysis skills a plus. Preferred
- Experience implementing packaged software a plus. Preferred
- Experience as a dedicated participant on a medium to large scale systems development project is a plus. Pref
- Progressive Web Application (PWA) development using Angular4+, Angular Ngx Bootstrap, Angular CLI and Angular Material is a plus
Skills & Ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.